Mango is weird

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
I take him out and he flutters to the top of his cage so I leave him there. Then the idiot decides to make a crash landing on my bed while I'm reading.

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
Nelson flew into a wall today. Made a loud bang too. Ouch. Gosh me makes me cringe sometimes! Assume it's just because he is a baby and still learning to steer and land properly.

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Well if we're gonna share stories of what happened with our birds today, I was putting fresh fruits and vegetables into the cage of my parrotlets, when the female, CeeCee - who hates my guts ! - grabbed ahold of a fleshy part of my pointer finger and held on for dear life - it hurt so much my hair near stood up - so I had to wait for her to let go (she was literally hanging onto my finger with her legs dangling in the air) before I could withdraw my hand and see the damage. They are tiny birds but they have pretty big beaks lol

I've noticed you 2 have never thanked anybody - hasn't anybody ever given you some good advice?

OP
Billy29

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
I just figured out how to thank someone using the mobile app, I was thanking people verbally in the forum.

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
Well if we're gonna share stories of what happened with our birds today, I was putting fresh fruits and vegetables into the cage of my parrotlets, when the female, CeeCee - who hates my guts ! - grabbed ahold of a fleshy part of my pointer finger and held on for dear life - it hurt so much my hair near stood up - so I had to wait for her to let go (she was literally hanging onto my finger with her legs dangling in the air) before I could withdraw my hand and see the damage. They are tiny birds but they have pretty big beaks lol

I've noticed you 2 have never thanked anybody - hasn't anybody ever given you some good advice?

Oh boy do I feel your pain. But your post made me giggle. They are lil skitzo monsters aren't they. One min everything is fine and then the next they are stompping around, cussing you out, with their beaks open just waiting for an opportunity to latch on to some body part. Plets gotta love them.

Dougc1369

Dec 23, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Parrots
Zack, a Blue Fronted Amazon
Wendy,
That reminds me of my favorite parrot joke.

A man gets a parrot that had a previous owner. Turns out that the parrot was mean tempered, foul-mouthed and generally rude. The man finally had enough and grabbed it and threw it into the freezer! After a few minutes of screaming and cussing as loud as he could the bird went completely silent. Thinking the bird had frozen to death, the man ran to the freezer and jerked it open only to see the parrot standing there, head down, in the most submissive posture the man had ever seen. The bird meekly held up a foot so the man held out his hand. The parrot climbed up on his hand, looked him in the eyes and said: Sir, I realize now my previous behavior was rude , out of line and unacceptable and I respectfully ask for your forgiveness."

While the man stood there dumbfounded, the parrot asked, "might I inquire what the chicken did?" ;p

TessieB

Nov 3, 2013
Media
Upstate, South Carolina
Parrots
1 Blue Front Amazon, 1 Yellow Head Amazon, 4 Cockatiels, 2 Parakeets
Barney tried her foot swinging routine using one toe. She quickly discovered despite all her feathers, gravity is not her friend. She hit the floor of her cage with a loud clang, then laughed when I gasped in horror.

Most Reactions

Latest posts