marley

marley_n_me

Dec 29, 2011
Media
uk
Parrots
Marley the amazon
Hello all I'm nikki this is my first parrot after years of reading up about them :) this is marley as I right in saying he is a orange wing ? Lol

XxX

Last edited:

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
no idea lol but welcome to the forum :) how's it going with marley an how long you's been together lol

OP
M

marley_n_me

Dec 29, 2011
Media
uk
Parrots
Marley the amazon
Hello all
First me and marley have only been together 3 days after his old owner a old man died after 6 years together befor that no one really now as he was found outside I got told he was not overly friendly but he is doing really well we seem to have bonded quick he will of his own accord. Sit on my arm take food from me ,put his foot on my finger ... I'm hoping that is a good signm can any of u more experanced parrot owners tell me if this is all good behaver?
Cheers for the warm welcome
Nikki x

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Yes, those are definitely good signs, especially for such a short time together!

Does Marley talk or make any sounds? I also adopted a new zon a few weeks ago. He really loves when I imitate him back, and also when I sing.

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
It sounds like you and Marley are off to a good start together-- and he does look like an Orange-wing.

OP
M

marley_n_me

Dec 29, 2011
Media
uk
Parrots
Marley the amazon
Marley says hello, not fair, bell, he loves his bells and he dose a few other sounds aswell , he dosnt step up yet but will fly to me if I ring his bell ..... Would it be worth starting clicker training with him do u all think ? Iv made a step up stick and a target but not tryed useing them yet..... Any advice would be much appreciated
Cheers peeps x

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I've not tried clicker training, but many here have with good results. You might also try a food bribe to work on step up.

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
I know people that have had brilliant results with Clicker Training. You need to get the click right though apparantly :) There are Videos on You Tube of people training if your not too sure :)

OP
M

marley_n_me

Dec 29, 2011
Media
uk
Parrots
Marley the amazon
Marley done his first step up for me today :) he steped up on my arm I used his bell in one hand and had him step up on my arm... So me and marley had a little play with his bell . I am so happy with how well marley getting on and its only day 4 :) he did have a little nip on my finger as the other half made him jump but he didn't even brake then skin and he settled strait back down after

Xx

Most Reactions