Martha - Yellow-Sided GCC - I Know What I Like, and What I Like is Carrots

Grraarrgghh

Jan 5, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Parrots
"Albert" - Female Red Bellied Parrot - 1y3m (Oct 8th, 2014), "Martha" - Unknown Yellow-Sided GCC - 11m (Feb 13th 2015)
So yeah, we procured a gorgeous Yellow-Sided GCC today. More updates as they come. ALBERT DOESN'T KNOW YET!

ljGNn5P.jpg

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Congratulations! I know you said your wife wanted a GCC, and Martha is beautiful! So colorful. Albert doesn't know yet haha.

OP
Grraarrgghh

Grraarrgghh

Jan 5, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Parrots
"Albert" - Female Red Bellied Parrot - 1y3m (Oct 8th, 2014), "Martha" - Unknown Yellow-Sided GCC - 11m (Feb 13th 2015)
So the first week with Marty has been a bit up and down. Albert seems pretty non-plussed about the new bird noises, but Marty is a bit of a biter.

She already knows step-up, no, and a few other commands, however she HATES being put back into her cage. Like, I have more bites in the last week from this conure than I've ever had from Albert. She's also molting, so a nice head skritch can turn into a hissing biting whackjob snapping at my fingers in no time flat.

That said, she has many personality quirks that set her far apart from Albert. For one thing, this bird eats anything. While we've had to resort to juicing carrots and putting the concentrate in her water to get Albert vitamin A, Marty won't turn anything down. As well, she loves bathing. Albert tolerates the misting bottle, but Marty gets down and deep in her water dish and throws it everywhere, and it's super cute.

She's a huge clown just like Albert though, climbing, squawrking in her weird robot voice (stark contrast to Albert's super-sweet humanlike voice), bobbing, dancing, etc.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHannqGzgFA"]Martha - Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure - Do You Wanna Be Picked Up? (Bobbing) - YouTube[/ame]

OP
Grraarrgghh

Grraarrgghh

Jan 5, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Parrots
I think this bird is possessed by demons.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6sT0XTtsi8"]Red-Bellied Parrot & Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure - SCREEEEEECH SCREEECH WAK WAK SCREEEEEE - YouTube[/ame]

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Just catching up with this thread. Congratulations on Martha! She is truly one of the most beautiful conures I've ever seen! Wow!

Too bad about the demon possession, though. Haha!

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
LOL.... just wait until your other bird start imitating it. Beautiful demonic bird.

OP
Grraarrgghh

Grraarrgghh

Jan 5, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Parrots
Albert has already started doing the "RAP RAP" thing that conures do as a general chatter.

ZephyrFly

Sep 21, 2014
UK
Parrots
Pazu - Green Cheek Conure - Hatch Date ~27 September 2014~
My little guy does that when he's sleepy. Utter nonsense but it's cute and funny.

OP
Grraarrgghh

Grraarrgghh

Jan 5, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Parrots
Pic/vid dump!

UeyACDV.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw2DoeiEeUU"]Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure - Poof Skritches - YouTube[/ame]

Why yes, I am getting bit on the regular, why do you ask?

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
sounds like her and kyo would get along great :p

congrats to you on your little demon. female gcc's are hilarious.

Most Reactions