Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Adopted my coworkers 2 finches tonight! They didn't have names, so I have named them Lucy and Ethel. The had called them "leopard finches", but to the finch experts, are they Zebra Finches? I want to get them a nice big flight cage, but it will have to wait until sometime after Christmas, all my spare money is tied up in buying Christmas gifts. They are so adorable!

306010_10151181696319527_1481959293_n.jpg

14407_10151181706644527_864200279_n.jpg

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Zebra Finches! IF it's a male and a female, I would highly suggest in removing that coconut toy! They will try to have babies in it. I have a pair myself, horrible parents though!!! No nest for them ever!!!! The pair I used to have years ago were great parents.

OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
Luckily, they are both females, so no worries about babies. I was very relieved for that part! :)

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Zebra finches, and very cute Are both birds that same vibrant color? Do you like the little chattering sounds they make? I love to listen to them.and congrats on your new babies.:)

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
They both do look like females so I wouldn't worry about the cocoanut. and by the way I love the names:)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Lucy and Ethel are as cute as pie. :) They are very lucky girls to have been adopted by you. SWEET!!!!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
More birds Gretchen !!!!!!!!!!
Wow how many do you have now
I adore their names as well.

Ps... they are lucky birds to have you as their guardian.

OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
Thanks all! That brings our flock to 4 now. Pepper, River, Lucy and Ethel. They both seem to be pretty much the same coloring, a little different in markings. I am loving the little "meep" noises they make! :)

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
congrats on the new additions! they're adorable!!! i have noticed that my finches are messier than my parrot, so you might want to get a seed net. they sell them at pet stores and they stop the seed hulls from getting everywhere. they are in great hands with you :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
They both do look like females so I wouldn't worry about the cocoanut. and by the way I love the names:)

I wasn't even able to see both as I only see one in the picture and the second picture of both is too far and blurry for me to see. So I don't know how you were able to see both being girls. I didn't know until Gretchen said so....

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
Mikeytn The one in the top picture is a female because of that tear drop pattern under the eye and the lighter beak color and no orange cheek patch. to me it looked like the one behind her has the same color bill which should be brighter red in a male just my thought process:)

Most Reactions