Jesmar101

Sep 3, 2023
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure, (Pineapple) named Mango
Yellow Headed Amazon, named Nico
Hi all, New Flock member(s) Wife and I , and excited to join,

I would like to introduce to you all , Mango and Nico

Mango is an 8 month old GCC ๐Ÿ
Nico is what we believe to be a Yellow Headed Amazon and approximately 9 years old from what we were told, Mango came from a local Pet store and has been bringing us joy from day 1, Nicos story is a bit different, Nico was being kept in a small pet carrier and had been so for weeks, (long back story) when my wife found out, she told me we gotta do something, so we drove 700 miles round-trip to go and pick him up.

Well here they are : )

if anyone wants the long story lemme know, but be warned I am a slow typer ;)
Nico.jpg
Mango.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

Nico is what we believe to be a Yellow Headed Amazon and approximately 9 years old from what we were told, Mango came from a local Pet store and has been bringing us joy from day 1, Nicos story is a bit different, Nico was being kept in a small pet carrier and had been so for weeks, (long back story) when my wife found out, she told me we gotta do something, so we drove 700 miles round-trip to go and pick him up.

if anyone wants the long story lemme know, but be warned I am a slow typer ;)View attachment 53940View attachment 53939
Welcome to the forums, it's great to have you and your beautiful babies aboard!! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

if anyone wants the long story lemme know, but be warned I am a slow typer ;)View attachment 53940View attachment 53939
What beautiful babies!

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
OOOH OOOOH! I'd love to hear the long version of your flock's history! I don't care if you're a slow typer, LOL. I like hearing a good rescue tale!

Lovely flock!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. I think Nico is likely a Panama or Yellow Fronted Amazon. By 8 years old, a YNA or DYHA would have a lot more yellow on his head going on.

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
Bless you both for saving that Amazon.
I hope he someday brings you as much joy as my amazon does.

take it slow, at his pace and make him know that he arrived in paradise with you guys as a companions.

would love to hear the long story...

Most Reactions

Latest posts