My introduction

Johnny T.

Dec 21, 2023
Bathurst, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Bill, a male grey opaline English budgie, Storky, a female green opaline English budgie, and Little Storky, a female wildtype Australian budgie.
Hi, my name is Johnny. I just joined. Here is my story about my current three budgies and four birds I lost in the past 18 months.

I currently have three budgies, two English and one Australian.

Here is a photo of them:
53314746342_04016a6261_k.jpg

From left to right: Bill: a male grey opaline English budgie, Little Storky: a female wild type Australian budgie, and Storky: a female green opaline English budgie.

I got Little Storky back in September 2022 from a local rural supplies and pet store to replace one of the ones that I lost as a partner for one that I lost a few months later. The other two I got in November 2022 along with one that I lost from an English budge breeder.

Now time for the four birds I lost in the past 18 months from first to last to pass away.

1: Speckles

52068064646_3e360443dc_k.jpg

Speckles was a standard grey male cockatiel. He was handraised. My parents got him back in 2004 or 2005. He lived to the ripe old age of 18. He died on July 9, 2022 in the early morning. R.I.P.

2: Storky (a different one)

51965935278_8a8fdba748_k.jpg

She had to be my most favourite pet bird ever. Hence she is my profile picture. To stop confusion with my current Storky, I will be calling her Old Storky. Old Storky was a female opaline English budgie in some green colour or mutation. So if you know her exact mutation and shade of green, please tell me. I got her back in December 2017 and she suddenly passed away on the morning of September 29, 2022. She was almost five. R.I.P. HINT: The blue budgie in the background of this photo is the next one to pass. She was replaced by Little Storky for the next bird also.

3: Billy
51844153924_cc38a34703_k.jpg

Billy was a male cobalt blue budgie who I believe is a hybrid English and Australian budgie as he was a lot bigger than Little Storky, but was way smaller and kinda had the looks of an English Budgie. He had respiratory issues for most of his almost five years. He had a sneezing fit in early September 2022 and he got very unwell on the evening of December 5, 2022, and I watched him die on the bottom of the cage on the afternoon of the following day December 6, 2022. He was almost five years old. R.I.P. I got him back in March 2018.

Time for the last.

4: Liz

Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of her as I only had her for a little over three months. I got her in late November 2022 along with Bill and Storky (the new one). Liz was a female king-sized standard grey English Budgie. She had no tail and possibly had breathing problems. She died suddenly during the afternoon of March 1, 2023. Her age was unknown but the max would have been two and a half years as I was told they were all two years old or under by the breeder when I got her and the other 2. R.I.P.

I know this has been a long and sad story, but I hope you like it.

Johnny.

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi, my name is Johnny. I just joined. Here is my story about my current three budgies and four birds I lost in the past 18 months.

I currently have three budgies, two English and one Australian.

Here is a photo of them:
View attachment 56789
From left to right: Bill: a male grey opaline English budgie, Little Storky: a female wild type Australian budgie, and Storky: a female green opaline English budgie.

I got Little Storky back in September 2022 from a local rural supplies and pet store to replace one of the ones that I lost as a partner for one that I lost a few months later. The other two I got in November 2022 along with one that I lost from an English budge breeder.

Now time for the four birds I lost in the past 18 months from first to last to pass away.

1: Speckles

View attachment 56798
Speckles was a standard grey male cockatiel. He was handraised. My parents got him back in 2004 or 2005. He lived to the ripe old age of 18. He died on July 9, 2022 in the early morning. R.I.P.

2: Storky (a different one)

View attachment 56799

She had to be my most favourite pet bird ever. Hence she is my profile picture. To stop confusion with my current Storky, I will be calling her Old Storky. Old Storky was a female opaline English budgie in some green colour or mutation. So if you know her exact mutation and shade of green, please tell me. I got her back in December 2017 and she suddenly passed away on the morning of September 29, 2022. She was almost five. R.I.P. HINT: The blue budgie in the background of this photo is the next one to pass. She was replaced by Little Storky for the next bird also.

3: Billy
View attachment 56800
Billy was a male cobalt blue budgie who I believe is a hybrid English and Australian budgie as he was a lot bigger than Little Storky, but was way smaller and kinda had the looks of an English Budgie. He had respiratory issues for most of his almost five years. He had a sneezing fit in early September 2022 and he got very unwell on the evening of December 5, 2022, and I watched him die on the bottom of the cage on the afternoon of the following day December 6, 2022. He was almost five years old. R.I.P. I got him back in March 2018.

Time for the last.

4: Liz

Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of her as I only had her for a little over three months. I got her in late November 2022 along with Bill and Storky (the new one). Liz was a female king-sized standard grey English Budgie. She had no tail and possibly had breathing problems. She died suddenly during the afternoon of March 1, 2023. Her age was unknown but the max would have been two and a half years as I was told they were all two years old or under by the breeder when I got her and the other 2. R.I.P.

I know this has been a long and sad story, but I hope you like it.

Johnny.
Welcome to the forums, @Johnny T. and flock! I see from your profile you're in Bathurst - I'm in Brisbane and it's always nice to have another Aussie on board! I'm so sorry for your losses, losing these bright and precious souls is never an easy thing to cope with, goodness knows I've had my heart broken many times in the 50 years that I've been loving and keeping birds. But I'm glad you found us and I loved your intro and photos, and I'm looking forward to following along with your journey together :)

OP
Johnny T.

Johnny T.

Dec 21, 2023
Bathurst, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Bill, a male grey opaline English budgie, Storky, a female green opaline English budgie, and Little Storky, a female wildtype Australian budgie.
Welcome to the forums, @Johnny T. and flock! I see from your profile you're in Bathurst - I'm in Brisbane and it's always nice to have another Aussie on board! I'm so sorry for your losses, losing these bright and precious souls is never an easy thing to cope with, goodness knows I've had my heart broken many times in the 50 years that I've been loving and keeping birds. But I'm glad you found us and I loved your intro and photos, and I'm looking forward to following along with your journey together :)
Thank you. I really appreciate your response.

Most Reactions

Latest posts