Meet Mrs. Bixby!

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Indeed I did. :p Haha it was funny the Midwife asked nervously if I wanted a drink or something and i asked her why, and she said "You have to have the baby in a minute..." O.O i was hyped up on gas as pain relief and felt all giddy and chirpy haha, so when i was in pain i was like ,"Oh, there goes a big pain. :) " lol. Gas is amazing! :D

-_- *growls viciously*

Yes! Epic movie!

Maya us soooo cute! Bixby too! :D great shot!

Wait, did you just say that you were "just chillin', chatting and texting" on your phone? All while in active labor?!? And listening to your doctor's incessant giggles?!?!? Hahaha! Liana, that is a VERY different take on the delivery experience, let me tell you. Most women I know describe it... quite differently. Lol!

Hahaha! Okay, okay! I'll refrain from anymore stories about my amazing experiences with katana training.

I did mention that it was amazing, though, right? (Devious chuckle! Not giggle. Chuckle. Lol!)

Seven Samurai! That's what I'm talking about! That was my favorite, too!

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That pic of her feeding him is awesome! I can't believe they were doing their little love dance on your arm, AND you were able to take a picture! You are a Super Ninja with a camera as well! I am so thrilled that they are getting along so well now:)

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Indeed I did. :p Haha it was funny the Midwife asked nervously if I wanted a drink or something and i asked her why, and she said "You have to have the baby in a minute..." O.O i was hyped up on gas as pain relief and felt all giddy and chirpy haha, so when i was in pain i was like ,"Oh, there goes a big pain. :) " lol. Gas is amazing! :D

-_- *growls viciously*

Yes! Epic movie!

Maya us soooo cute! Bixby too! :D great shot!

Lol! Didn't realize at first that you were talking about anesthetic type gas! :eek: Gave your story an entirely different tenor. Hahaha! Sorry. Lack of sleep erodes my thought processes!

Hahahaha! "Growls viciously"? Lol! Ah, Liana. Don't give up on your dreams of being a (sword that must not be named) wielder just yet! You could always look for an appropriate martial arts class in your area, no? I know you'd love it!

Thank you! That shot was hard-earned! Lol!

That pic of her feeding him is awesome! I can't believe they were doing their little love dance on your arm, AND you were able to take a picture! You are a Super Ninja with a camera as well! I am so thrilled that they are getting along so well now:)

Thanks, Terr! Though I most certainly wasn't looking very ninja-like while trying to take that pic! You'd have been laughing hysterically if you'd seen the way I had to contort myself to get that shot! Hahaha!

They are making progress, but they also fuss quite a bit as well! Work in progress, eh? If only I could take a week or so off just to work with them! :rolleyes:

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Biggest challenges right now are getting her comfortable enough with flight to improve her flight skills, and getting her to stop trying to eat my wife. (Yeah, I probably put those in the wrong order. Lol!)

As for flight, other than straight panic she rarely ever attempts it. You can see in her body language that she REALLY wants to, but fear holds her back. Though the other day she got impatient waiting for me to come back from the kitchen and flew toward me from the family room! She was quite off-target, as she came in low and to the right, but she adapted well to my outstretched hand and let me scoop her up like an intercepted line drive! (Don't worry, I didn't get caught up in the moment and lob her to first! Hahaha!)
Anyhow, flight wise she's going to be a tough nut to crack. Don't get me wrong. If in the end she prefers not to fly, I won't force her. But for her safety I really want her to learn the basics of flight. And besides... I bet she'll love it! You know, once she's not doing it out of adrenaline - charged fear. ( Kind of like me and books. I never enjoyed reading during school when I was rushing to cram everything into my brain in my procrastination - induced haste. But once I'd graduated and begun reading at my leisure? For pleasure? Books suddenly numbered among my greatest joys.)

As for Maya's carnivorous streak, it was something I couldn't even picture until last night. I'd been told by her original owner (BreakinNewz) that she could be moody and a little nippy at times. But she has never so much as put anything more than the most delicate of pressure on me with her beak. So my wife always teased that she puts on the angel act when I'm around.

But yesterday, I saw it. She bit her, breaking the skin and drawing blood. It wasn't a bad bite, but you could see the potential for her taking it further.

So we have some work to do. I definitely don't want her to become a one person bird. But she'll come around. Just might take some time is all. And consistency. (And maybe some protective vet wrap for everyone I'm using to socialize her. Lol!)

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
woah!!! Look at those two lovebirds!!! HAHHAA

Maya definitely discovered the secret to winning Bixby over "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" LOL

What's the matter, Stephen? You didn't want any love goop???

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

Maya definitely discovered the secret to winning Bixby over "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" LOL

Hahahaha! Nah, Shirre! Flattered as I was, I'm afraid I had to pass on the love goop! :rolleyes: No "sweet regurge" for me! Lol!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Hahahaha! Nah, Shirre! Flattered as I was, I'm afraid I had to pass on the love goop! :rolleyes: No "sweet regurge" for me! Lol!

Sounds like Bixby would NOT have wanted to share with you, anyway:)
I can see him challenging you to a duel.

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

Sounds like Bixby would NOT have wanted to share with you, anyway:)
I can see him challenging you to a duel.

That is one duel I would NOT get into! I've seen what Bixby can do with that Ginsu beak of his when he's of a mind! :eek: Hahaha!

Most Reactions

Latest posts