Members affected by California fires?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
The latter part of 2017 has seen horrific weather events in the U.S. and Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands leading to terrible wind and water destruction.

California's perennial nemesis of wind-fueled fires has brought horrible losses and fatalities. The central part of the state (wine country) is ablaze and out of control. Another fire south of Los Angeles has caused some loss with more threatened.

I won't mention how "overdue" we are for our other nemesis....

Any members affected? Be safe!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I've been tortured by this all day, Scott.
If people are away frm their homes, or worse...
And how would we know???
I'm just doing my best to send vibes - pray - care - hopeforthebest.
Maybe we can all do that until we hear.

Thanks for this post.

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I was evacuated from my previous home for 5 days back in 2006. Long story, but we had about 13 birds and 2 dogs, camped out at a friend's house.

A macabre but effective way to determine whether my home was standing was to call the landline and wait for the old-school answering machine to pick up. Of course, land-lines are electrically powered via the line, while personal answering machines require household current... and de-facto structure! :)

Most Reactions