Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
Mickey's harness came today, and it was warm enough....so we jumped right in! He let me put it on relatively easily.....aside from trying to chew the clips...and stealing the leash and not wanting to give it back! lol :D

He was neither impressed nor scared to be outside.....he just looked around a bit, then went back to chewing the wood block we had taken out with us....he did get down and chew on some grass...but again, he wasn't all that impressed....

It will be nice once it gets warm and stays that way...he can go on walks with the dogs (on my shoulder of course, I'm not going to actually "walk" him).

A few of the neighbors gave me odd looks....but they'll get used to it :p

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
Awesome! Glad to hear Mickey is getting to enjoy the outdoors! The more you do it, the more he will enjoy it. I walk with my bird every morning, off the leash, (he follows me tree to tree), but I understand why you do what you do. Amigo has recently been landing in front of me on our walks to nibble, dig, scratch around in the dirt and enjoy the ground. I believe the new grasses have delicate roots that they like. I actually tried some today and they are very sweet!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
It sounds like he really enjoyed his day!

Maybe I should go out and sample the grass roots, lol! I don't think I've tried eating grass since I was a kid.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Roxy...you will not be disappointed! Amigo and I are looking forward to the dandelion leaves!

Lol, I have eaten cooked dandelion leaves. But, when I found out that is what my grandmother gave me, I got upset. But IIRC they were tasty.

OP
MickeysMom

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots

My mom used to make dandelion greens with hot bacon dressing every spring.
I wish I had gotten the recipe......:(

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
At the time the only thing I could think was, how could grandma feed me weeds?? Crazy old woman!

OP
MickeysMom

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots

I thought that when I was younger, but you didn't argue with Mamma when she put something on the table....lol

Now I wish that I knew how to make the dressing, it was signature Mom, and I miss her beyond belief.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Actually, grandma was the most amazing cook I've ever known. You just haven't eaten if you haven't had an Italian grandmother:) It took me years of experimenting to get her fried zucchini down pat. And of course the problem was she really didn't use recipes. She just knew how to add the right amount of this or that to get it perfect. I never quite did get her salad dressing correct. And as far as the perfect pie, forget it, I'll never get that right!

I'm sorry for how much you miss your mom.

Most Reactions

Latest posts