Might be adopting a new parrot

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I went by a local store with my birds yesterday and one of the owners was telling me knows a guy trying to find a new home for his bird....

I asked what type and she said I don't know but it's blue and white, I asked how big and she said about the same size as your birds. (green cheeks). She said the cage and everything comes with it free.

I can only think maybe a blue lovebird? or maybe a young ringneck? I'm sure she'd know a budgie and call it a parakeet. Maybe a blue cockatiel? I live in minnesota so I don't exactly think exotic when I think of parrots here....

Anyways I wrote down my number for her, to give to the guy.

I figure if the bird needs a home I'm better than most and can at least train/tame it a bit and find a proper home for it if its not a good fit for my flock. I can at least get it to a vet, get it sexed and make sure its on a good diet.

1) should I quarantine? its not a pet store bird; it's been living in a home or apartment for a while I presume... or is that a reason I should definitely keep them separated? And does that mean no interaction at all like totally separate rooms and shower before switching flocks?

2) is this girl just cleverly trying to get my number so she can sleep with me?

3) If it is an exotic bird and it's a juvenile should I direct him to a rescue or take it on? I've only done cockatiels and conures.

4) are there any steps/tips to lessening stress with a home change? my two conures were both pets store birds so they took living in a house with a companion as 100% positive. I've never had a bird taken from a home to my home. I'm sure there might be stress....

Again this is speculative it was only one conversation and the guy may have already made other arrangements. I just wanted your opinions before I proceed.

:gcc: + :gcc: + ?

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
the link just brings me to the main page......

thier site may be broken a bit. what is the title of the artilce I can search for that, 672 didn't help

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
WHOAAAAAAAAA! Looks like the site is definitely warped, and they now appear to be subsumed by Petco. I will need to find a different quarantine reference! Nevermind!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Maybe a blue cockatiel?
Blue cockatiel doesn't exist :D Blue mutation in cockatiels is but they are whte faced not blue :)

maybe a blue lovebird?
Lovebirds are smaller than conures but I had heard different things from non-parrot people like GCC is simillar to cockatiel but without crest :D;)

I can't help you but interesting what is the type of bird

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
then what is this?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    81 KB · Views: 110
OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
yeah I'm still perplexed what it could be.......

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
then what is this?
It's not blue color but similar to blue (or a photoshop). It's imposible to breed a blue cockatiel (blue (mutation) cockatiel=white faced (visually grey))

Last edited:
OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
ok you win it's not a blue cockatiel....

you win one conure kiss if you fly to minnesota...

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Do we detect a smidgen of excitement amid the concern? Beware you may well be on the way to making it three!:green2::green2::blue2:

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I vote for Quaker.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
i just called and apparently the guy I never met sold whatever bird it was...I hope it went to a good home.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
i just called and apparently the guy I never met sold whatever bird it was...I hope it went to a good home.

But the girl still has your number, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions