Miniatures (tiny models, "little worlds", "dollhouses")

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Loz... you warm my heart with that. Thank you. It's all about finding little pieces of Heaven on Earth, isn't it? Sometimes it's the 'littlest' thing!

Inger... could you? WOULD you? I'm going to PM you with a proposal... a DECENT one, unlike any the Rbird might send...

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Loz... you warm my heart with that. Thank you. It's all about finding little pieces of Heaven on Earth, isn't it? Sometimes it's the 'littlest' thing!

Inger... could you? WOULD you? I'm going to PM you with a proposal... a DECENT one, unlike any the Rbird might send...

Awww I haven’t had an INdecent proposal in so long...even one from RB would be nice! 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Inger, let's replay this Scrapbook entry just for YOU!
CBl5rAe.jpg

I'm quite sure the offer still stands.
Just please promise me that you'll never allow the Rb's raunchy karma to taint dear Bumble's adorable aura!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Inger, let's replay this Scrapbook entry just for YOU!

CBl5rAe.jpg

I'm quite sure the offer still stands.

Just please promise me that you'll never allow the Rb's raunchy karma to taint dear Bumble's adorable aura!

Haha! Thanks RB. Now stay away from my little chick!!! [emoji170][emoji170]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
My little 'Miniatures and Mindfulness' blog is really turning out to be fun. In it, I tell about the little miniature town (yeah, I call it "Gail Town") that I'm building, and how I use it to enhance my usual meditation, relaxation, and mindfulness exercises. Basically, bulding it is great 'occupational therapy' and then, when I'm out and about, I use it as a focus for visualization and guided imagery as I visit, explore, and savor the little place as if I were really there and roaming. This is especially great during tedious or stressful activities when time and circumstance permit.

Anyway... Gail Town got its first avian addition today. I hope this gives you a chuckle.

Here's the actual blog...

Miniatures and Mindfulness

Budgiraptor
("Budgie-raptor")

I wanted a companion bird for Gail Town... I wanted him to have full access to the place, just like the little red mutt who's relaxing by the front door of the cycle shop. But parrots are prey animals, and I didn't want my little friend to have to worry about eagles, falcons, hawks or owls. Yes, that's how serious and literal I am about my miniature denizens! So I had to invent a bird that could take care of itself

It's part Budgerigar and part hawk... a Budgiraptor. Here he is in his role as ambassador to Gail Town, proprietarily perched on the sign.

I love him! In my last post, I was emphasizing the extreme importance of making your mindful miniatures personal, meaningful, and evocative. This little guy will really help me out.

He's a little less than 3/4 inch in reality, which woud make him a little over a foot in scale... (1:24).

uMLy93Q.jpg

uAGv6xZ.jpg

OQuPQ33.jpg

Last edited:

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Your bird is better than mine! I altered a wedding cake topper for our reception....made a ponytail for him out of twist ties, and an Oliver for his shoulder out of bread/paper mache. It was what we had on hand at our friend’s house.
kentuckienne-albums-assorted-picture18961-dc43ae1d-bc6e-4970-8f56-2f4b53bef4f5.jpeg

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
I respect that bird!
You captured the 'tude, and that's the most important thing.

That ponytail is hot.

DOWN with cookie-cutter cakes, yo!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Wow, your art is amazing! You have gift, they are so fun to look at and I bet their super fun to make! My cousin does this too. This is such talent :)

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Thank you, kq!
I'd love to see some of your cousin's work!
By the way, I LOVE that collage of your birds in clouds!!! True and eternal love, and it looks just like that, for sure.

Most Reactions

Latest posts