Minimal effort forager

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
I saw this idea on line some time ago but couldn't find a single block to use for a few months. In the end I bought a huge set containing twenty blocks :eek:

It is just those build-a-block toys for kiddies. I drilled a hole through the top and bottom "fit-in pieces" (hope that makes sense?), attached a rope and stuffed with carrot, corn on the cob, snap peas, a strawberry and a grape.

Percy instantly took to it :D

IMG-20140328-01148_zpscf40a36d.jpg

IMG-20140328-01149_zps0747c46f.jpg

OP
MomtoPercy

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Update....

IMG-20140328-WA000_zps1fc8d554.jpg

My mother sent me this pic... This is about half an hour after hanging the toy...:54:

He looks very pleased with himself, doesn't he?

Ah well, at least he enjoyed it! :)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
What an excellent foraging toy! I like that he could see the nut inside, but could not easily reach the nut. Those are the best kind of foraging, keeps them interested and thinking:09: If it only took Percy 30 minutes to get the toy apart, good thing you bought the box of 20 :)

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
"Look Mom, all done! What's next?"
LOL

That was exactly what I 'heard' too from that pic!!!

Such a good destructive baby! Do you think dog owners think we are nuts, they spend time and money to teach dogs not to chew or destroy and throw parties to celebrate when our birdie babies trash their toys and cage! !!!? :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts