More from Phoenix's former owner

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
Okay I haven't posted in awhile about any of the fids because I've been so busy especially since my music career is starting to move ahead. Phoenix is doing good though we do have attitude, but he's 2 so we'll work through it. We acquired another bird from Phoenix's previous owner. We got her 3 year old Goffin Cockatoo who's name is Annie. She messaged my wife on FB saying she had heard we were thinking of getting another Goffin. She told my wife she would give her to us on one condition. That we sign a contract stating that if we don't want her or it won't work out that we'll return her to her. She said she couldn't give her the attention she needs anymore, and she had turned into a plucker. We signed the contract, and at this moment she is hanging out on my shoulder as I make sure my boys did their chores lol. This bird behavior wise besides the plucking is in a lot better condition then Phoenix was. After meeting the lady, and being at her home I picked up she had the best of intentions, and even started rescuing birds. She got in over her head with birds right away though. She knows we're the ones with Phoenix, and my wife says she thinks all the people at the bird store have told her how we are with our birds and how far Phoenix has come.

She started crying as we were leaving, and my wife told her she keep her updated, and send her pics if she wanted. She was upset that one of her favorite birds had become a plucker because she couldn't give her what she needed. I do feel bad for the woman. Annie will have an awesome home with us now.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
At least she was trying to do something right for Annie. It can get way over your head in a very short period if your not careful. At least you guys would be giving Annie the attention she needs. Good luck with her!!! :)

gizzygirl

Jul 23, 2013
MO
Parrots
Ayla, Jondalar (tiels), Lucy ( BG macaw), Phoenix (Camilla macaw), n Gizmo, Annie (Goffin toos)
Yes, we think she's great! She was even dancing in the car to the music with us. Lol It would be fantastic if she were to become friends with our other goffin Gizzy. We will see. Thanks for the well wishes! :)

OP
FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
She seems to be settling in good. She flys to me, and wants to be on me a lot. I think though part of it is because gizzygirl had to go back into work so I spent more time with her first day here. She is adjusting well though, and I'm hoping my wife starts feeling better so she can handle her more.

Most Reactions