More Progess!

YNAMomma

Sep 18, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Ianto-10yr old M. YN-Amazon,
Toshiko - 10yr old F. YN-Amazon (Mated pair)
So i posted earlier this week or late last i can't remember, about my YN Ammies which i have had for a month and a half or so and they are finally making some progress, the perching and being ok with leaving thier cage part that i said last week and all was nice but now theres more. Well I been worried since i got them because they have no interest in toys of any kind, haven't done any playing and were just looking bored i guess. I was really good about keeping a close eye on them for any signs of bordom IE plucking and agression and sorts but this week i re agranged their toys and changed the color of the parrot rope i had holding thier toys from blue to bright green and low and behold they started playing. In the past two days they have demolished 4 toys! I guess they are making up for lost time. Either they didnt like the Fung shui of thier cage before of neon green is thier favorite color but they have about chewed through 3 wood block toys i have in their in just 2 days. An anywhere i tie the green bows they run over and shred the string then toss it all over the place. So i filled a foraging box with the green string with a quarter sized whole in the side and burried peanut in the middle. I couldnt get my hands out of the way fast enough, they were tearing the green string mess out of it before i even finished tieing it on to thier cage. hehehe. So I am excited, I'm happy to let them tear thier way through as many toys as they want. It makes me worry less. lol =) Yay for destroyed toys!:D:D

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Great, I couldnt imagine keeping up toys for 2 amazons. I guess they told you, they are very picky on how their cage was decorated. Merlins so so on hanging toys, he LOVES foot toys. Easter eggs, baby keys, bottle lids, anything he can hold in his claw.

Most Reactions

Latest posts