More questions..

Sulphiria

Banned
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Deltona, Florida
Sorry for all the questions! He is just so different from all our other birds.

Today I decided I wasnt afraid of Mojo anymore. So when he lunged at me, I let him have my finger... he licked and licked then decided he approved and reached up with his foot to pull my hand down so he could step up. I brought him to the couch and he played for awhile and let me scratch him. He adores being scratched under his wings.

Questions: Does he have to constantly chew? How can I curve that behavior? If i dont give him my hand to chew (it doesnt hurt) then he tries for my clothes, or if its my boyfriend he tries to chew on his nipple, lol.

How do you think he would do with a harness? He really enjoys his wings being touched and scratched.

Is it okay if he sleeps on his flat perch?

Mike

Mar 15, 2011
Media
Albums
Atlanta, GA USA
Parrots
A Greenwing, a Sun Conure, and a Hahn's Macaw
You will not be able to curb your Macaw's chewing need. You can redirect it a bit, but you might as well decide to wear shirts without buttons, and to remove your jewelry before a cuddling or play session.

I don't know anything about sleeping on a flat perch. I suggest you provide a rounded perch so your bird can choose which it prefers, but I wouldn't worry about one being good and the other bad.

Have a chew toy near the chair you carry your bird to when you want to sit with it. Redirect your bird's chewing need away from yourself and your furniture by teasing it with the toy.

Last edited:

Most Reactions