More Zoe pics, just because

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I wouldn't change the name now.

He or she knows that's what you call him/her. It doesn't matter.

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
I wouldn't change the name now.

He or she knows that's what you call him/her. It doesn't matter.

Since it's not my bird I won't have any say, but thanks Dopey about finding it under both boys and girls. I'll put that bug in Karen's ear :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
OMG, I want to blow up the pics of her and have my walls papered with them! She is sooo gorgeous!!

I think Zoe will definitely work for either sex. I named my lovies before I realized that Zoe is a boy, but since he has only one eye we call him Governor Zoe:)

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
OMG, I want to blow up the pics of her and have my walls papered with them! She is sooo gorgeous!!

I think Zoe will definitely work for either sex. I named my lovies before I realized that Zoe is a boy, but since he has only one eye we call him Governor Zoe:)

I'm not sure the Govenor part will help LOL! I called the shop to see if the results were in and they told me they hadn't checked online lately...I rolled my eyes and asked if they could please check online and was informed that they would try this afternoon. They were unloading a delivery truck at that moment. If I don't hear this afternoon they are going to get my version of "squeaky wheel." ;-)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Fingers crossed!
Sheesh, it would only have taken a minute for them to check.

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Excuse me as I go into a corner and melt into a puddle of adoring-mushy-I-want-to-cuddle-Zoe goop... goodness me! And I've been on numbers 3 and 4 ever since Mark discussed BTM's earlier... this has just made me more obsessed. But because I live in Canada, it will probably never come true :(

So I fully expect a shwack load of photos so I can also live vicariously through you and your wife with your ridiculously adorable Zoe! I really don't mind melting into puddles of goop on a continuous basis when it comes to birds as dang adorable as your mush-mac ;)

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
They just called Karen and told her Zoe is officially a girl! Yay!!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Excuse me as I go into a corner and melt into a puddle of adoring-mushy-I-want-to-cuddle-Zoe goop... goodness me! And I've been on numbers 3 and 4 ever since Mark discussed BTM's earlier... this has just made me more obsessed. But because I live in Canada, it will probably never come true :(

So I fully expect a shwack load of photos so I can also live vicariously through you and your wife with your ridiculously adorable Zoe! I really don't mind melting into puddles of goop on a continuous basis when it comes to birds as dang adorable as your mush-mac ;)

They're actually one of the harder macs to find...

ACT NOW! SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED... :D

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
How exciting!!! I'm glad everything turned our like y'all wanted. :)

Seriously looking into a BTM since there's a few breeders in Texas..
They're quickly rivaling the greater vasa as my dream bird hehe. Maybe in a few years.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Vasa's are interesting. I got to play with a few of those when I was in Cali...

Wouldn't be my dream bird though. I'd definately take a BTM over a Vasa. WAY more personable... WAY MORE!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Oddly enough, when I lived in NorCal, I was cleaning cages, and had my flock and cages outside power washing them...

Oddly enough, one of the "crows" in a tree in my back yard, became interested in my birds, and actually began talking to us. On closer inspection, it was a Vasa...

So I climbed the tree. Unfortunately, when I got about 2/3 of the way to the bird, it spooked the crows, and she flew off with her flock. Well, rare madagascar parrots don't show up in your yard every day. So I made a few phone calls, and it turns out a local breeder had lost one of hers...

Long story short, she brought the mate over to my place in the hopes that the other bird would come back to it. So, I got to play with one...

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Yeah it seems most breeders I can find either don't ship or haven't had clutches in a while, so there's a waiting list. They're both beautiful birds though. I have a few years to do research though. In the meantime I'll enjoy reading all about Zoe and swooning over your pictures. :)

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Oddly enough, when I lived in NorCal, I was cleaning cages, and had my flock and cages outside power washing them...

Oddly enough, one of the "crows" in a tree in my back yard, became interested in my birds, and actually began talking to us. On closer inspection, it was a Vasa...

So I climbed the tree. Unfortunately, when I got about 2/3 of the way to the bird, it spooked the crows, and she flew off with her flock. Well, rare madagascar parrots don't show up in your yard every day. So I made a few phone calls, and it turns out a local breeder had lost one of hers...

Long story short, she brought the mate over to my place in the hopes that the other bird would come back to it. So, I got to play with one...

Very cool! I've never gotten to meet one in person and I'd really like to... Just because

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
How exciting!!! I'm glad everything turned our like y'all wanted. :)

Seriously looking into a BTM since there's a few breeders in Texas..
They're quickly rivaling the greater vasa as my dream bird hehe. Maybe in a few years.

Girl I know you, you would end up with so many parrots if you could lol :D

Most Reactions