Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Hey everyone,
I've been looking everywhere in my city to find a place that can get Orange Guard for me with no success. I want it because as I have posted before, we have a terrible silverfish, moth, and firebrat problem in our house.

We used to use moth balls but I'm too paranoid to have them in the house now much to Hubby's dismay (he thinks that he can put them out in other rooms away from Kyo, but I still don't think it's safe).

I have a few traps out, and the nontoxic powder (di-something earth), but is there anything else I can do? They are really driving hubby crazy.

I have seen only 2 silverfish in Kyo's room, but they mostly exist in our bathroom and basement. The moths are the biggest issue right now, they're freaking everywhere in the house >< particularly our closet which is right next to Kyo's room so mothballs are for sure out of the question there.

HELP!! I need ideas!! ><

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Silverfish are naaaaaasty diseased little buggers that are attracted to moisture.

Get some fragrance free "DampRid" ~ it pulls the moisture and musty smell out of the air....put it in the rooms where you've seen them. (How old is your house??)

Instead of mothballs to keep the moths away, you can take coffee filters and tie them shut with dried herbs inside~ lavender, Rosemary, cinnamon sticks, mint, thyme, eucalyptus....any of these should work (or you could do a combo --depends on what you find works and what smells good to you as well)

OP
Kyoto

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Silverfish are naaaaaasty diseased little buggers that are attracted to moisture.

Get some fragrance free "DampRid" ~ it pulls the moisture and musty smell out of the air....put it in the rooms where you've seen them. (How old is your house??)

Instead of mothballs to keep the moths away, you can take coffee filters and tie them shut with dried herbs inside~ lavender, Rosemary, cinnamon sticks, mint, thyme, eucalyptus....any of these should work (or you could do a combo --depends on what you find works and what smells good to you as well)

Thank you for that suggestion! I wouldn't have thought to try that. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts