Moved Bandit into a new cage

Bandit

Mar 9, 2013
Bathurst, Australia
Parrots
1 normal grey cockatiel, 1 green cheek conure
His actual cage is still being built. -pokes fiance-
So in the meantime I bought him a bigger cage than the one he came in, and he loves it! I was a little wary of moving him in because i've heard and read stories about comures plucking themselves after they get moved into a new cage.

I set it up directly next to his previous one, which he was in at the time, so he could see what I was doing. I put his perches in (minus the one he was on), then his toys, then his food dishes. They're new food dishes made for larger cages so that was all new as well. I filled his food and water dishes and put them in, all while he was watching me like a hawk.

Then I opened the door to the new cage, and opened the door to the one he was in, and let him have at it. At first he was wary but it didn't take long before he made his way over and into the new one to check everything out. He approves!

I've left his old cage open as well as the new one so he can go back to familiar territory if he wants to, but he hasn't gone back yet. He's LOVING the extra space and he's loving being able to hang out on the top (his previous one was rounded at the top).

In between monkeying around his new cage, playing with his toys and climbing around the outsides and top, he's come over to me for some scritches.

He's settled extremely well and I am very, very happy. This went SO much more smoothly than my mind let me imagine haha.

YAY!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
My conure honestly doesn't care what size cage he's in, he hates them all! Why does he dislike them? Cause I don't live in the cage with him! LOL

It's great that Bandit doesn't seem to mind at all, in fact, he's lovin the new digs!

Most Reactions

Latest posts