Moved Tyler's cage

Flyte

Jun 18, 2007
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw, Madison;
Yellow Naped Amazon, Rocky;
Timneh African Grey, Tyler
Hey guys. I just moved Tyler back into my bedroom with me. I was concerned that he wasn't eating enough of his pellets and he was also becoming very aggressive since he was able to fly up and sit much higher than me. We even had two very bad biting incidents this week.
I like having him in here, I have someone to talk to and he doesn't seem to mind my playing video games well into the night:)
Whats really great is now my boyfriend knows I'm not a liar. I don't think he believed me when I told him the things Tyler would say once he got comfortable. He was over yesterday and helped me move the cage and then we were playing games in my room and Tyler was great. 'Hmm?' or 'What?' when he didn't hear us.. Laughing at our jokes and funny things happening in the game. Repeating things we said and then just saying things he knows and understands. I had forgotten how much he understands:)
This morning, Tyler had eaten almost all of his leftover pellets and he dove into his egg mixture like never before. I guess this is where he wants to be!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Wow thats great news, maybe now that he's somewhere he wants to be the bites may lessen a little bit as well. Way to go Tyler, they are so funny when they start saying all their little words. :D

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
It seems that you have made the right decision for Tyler!:D

Welldone!:)

I love reading your posts about him!He is such a funny little guy!:D

OP
Flyte

Flyte

Jun 18, 2007
Pennsylvania
Parrots
I forgot to add. He also has a tiny 5 gallon fish tank right next to his cage. (completely covered and sealed, he can't even fit through the door you open to feed them)
My Macaw insists the fish inside are 'BIRD!' but they are really guppies and shrimp:)
Tyler has been watching them.. I need to put a perch there so he can sit right next to it and watch them swim more comfortably. He seems to be enjoying being closer to us and has already gotten into mischief.
'Ben! C'mere! Wanna cookie?' My poor Jack Russell, Ben, sat there this morning under the cage staring up at Tyler waiting for his cookie.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
I love hearing stories about Tyler. He really puts a smile on my face. :D

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Thats great news, i hope the biting lessens too. I know Kodie was also grumpy, and as soon as i moved his cage to my room he got much better. Well done, keep us updated on this one!:D

OP
Flyte

Flyte

Jun 18, 2007
Pennsylvania
Parrots
My gosh, he has become quite the demanding little boy this evening. Tyler does NOT want to go to bed.
He tried whistles and yells and that didn't work. He tried his words and I was really amazed by what he came out with to try to let me know what he wanted: I love you, Ty come, Ty out, Ty good bird out, Ty shut up, Ty out, Ty now.
Lol. I won though and he has quieted down. My mom asked me to just let him out for a little while and maybe he'd stop..that would just be asking for this every night so I just continued to ignore him.
I finally won and he has quieted down.
I can't believe he was trying to bribe me.. seems like he was saying that he'd be quiet if I let him out! :)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:D:D Oh they are so crafty, Bucc will say that every night, even tho he has his head stuck in his treat bowl,

Most Reactions