Murder

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
That is the new word when giving BB a bath. As loud as he can yell MURDER. also scooby doo . He called my Dog Lady guess he thought she would help. Then just kept yelling MURDER . Amazed he has kept all these words in.

He is spending time out of the cage more but will not step up so just giving it time.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
See, now I've been teaching Tusk to yell: "I'M MELTING! MELTING!"

Both my macs are water birds.

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
LOL I should try that. Amazed he pops out with all these words. He is coming out of the cage FINALLY ........ I will be glad when this molt is over.

ALso took some 2/4's cut them up and stung them in his case. Wood does not stand a chance. Already had to replace 4 blocks

Someone had told me to put hot water in the spray bottle so when it comes out it would still be warm. The water I used today was some left in the bottle. Room temp and he really really enjoyed it.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Mine seem to like it lukewarm to a bit on the cold side.

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Yeah wish I had known. I really should have asked here . He tolerated the baths before but yesterday my hand was tired from making it rain on him lol

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I just take mine in the shower.

My red fronted macaw supplements her showers by flopping in the sink whenever she sees me messing around with the water. This is an old pic, but the same thing has been happening really since just after I brought her home.

When using the sink, you have to check for "bird" before making the water too hot. Washing dishes can be an adventure...

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, that is too funny! Love the "I'm melting" idea from Mark, too:) I have got to get more creative with what I am teaching my birds!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
He actually did the "I can talk. Can you fly?" when we walked into the vet's office the other day. First time ever saying that one when I actually wanted him too...

I'm hoping he'll start responding to the question "Does IT talk?" that way...

He was out in the tree yesterday, and the neighbors walked by. He knows them, so he said Hello when they walked up. And "Goodbye Tusk. You be good!" when they left...

But yeah, I do funny things hoping he will pick them up and use them in context.

So far his favorites are "Get out of here" and "Quit being an a$$hole!" (Sarah actually taught him that last one.)

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Just before going down for the night he runs thru a lot of his words. Some I can understand and some I can't . I have no clue where he learned Murder from. Just asked the woman that had him at the shelter. She said he only said shut up when he was there. She was also shocked I could scratch his head and now admits to me he was never held at all from what history she knows about him. The older woman that had him first just could not handle him at all. The owner before me was a nut and just let him go where he wanted in the house. Sad people treat any living creature like that

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
I am so glad that you rescued him. The MURDER had me cracking up...still has me smiling.

So am I Dopey. I never went looking for a bird of any type. Just happen to ride with a friend that did part time work at a vets office and He just happen to be in a cage in the back telling EVERYONE to shut the bleep up. LOL It actually made me sad seeing this awsome looking bird stuffed into a small cage.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Oh my gosh, that is too funny! Love the "I'm melting" idea from Mark, too:) I have got to get more creative with what I am teaching my birds!

:DWell, Tusk kinda acts like the Wicked Witch where showers are concerned... I thought it was appropriate.

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
I wish I could get Zilla to like her showers more. She barely tolerates them, just stands there on her shower perch and glares at me the whole time!

She is beginning to enjoy the blow drier though!

ParrotsAhoy

Aug 29, 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
Parrots
1x Male Alexandrine Parrot
Wow some good ideas in this thread for some mischievous things to teach the parrot! Ive been trying to teach Tach to say "OMG IM A BIRD" and hes starting to whistle the OMG bit on its own which is amusing, but ill be in fits of laughter if he ever decides to say the whole thing.

JessieRosie

Mar 25, 2014
London
Parrots
Rose Crowned Conure
Rosie likes ICE COLD tap water. Weirdo! but then loves being blow dried after. She is far too spoilt...

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
I've not tried the blow dryer but he now loves a light mist falling on him from the spray bottle. Also the water helps me clean the cage. Soaks some of that poop off by the time I am finished :)
He still will not step up so his shower is confined in or on top of his cage

Most Reactions