My allergies in Florida are off the charts. Anyone else? What's in the air?

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Aaaaa-Chuuuuu
Holy smokes. This is the worst year I ever had with allergies in Florida. But when I check pollen track websites it shows my area is low. I'm wondering if anyone knows what's flying around out there.

Wdlodge

May 13, 2013
Media
San Diego
Parrots
Kiwi -Pacific Parrotlet, Rio - Senegal. Both hatched 2/2013
For the last two days, my daughters allergies are really really bad. Sinusalla seems to be helping, but she is bad again today. We are in California.

Zazoothehahns

Apr 5, 2013
Same here in Eastern Pa. Sneezing non stop, puffy eyes, ya know, the kind you rub near your eye socket and the bridge of your nose and you can hear the squishy sound. ugggg, thank God it isn't excessively muggy hear on top of it, that would be a recipe for asthma attacks.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
....same here, I'm north of Toronto, Ont. and it is 27 degrees, humidex is at 33.
the past three days, my asthma has flared up.
I've also noticed that people around here have a choking cough, particularly people with asthma....anybody have that down where u are??
certainly something nasty in the air.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I also live in Fla and plants are blooming everywhere. I know my neighbor has been having problems with her allergies. Up we lived in Mass I knew what would trigger my allergies but don't here I don't have a clue. Keep the kleenex handy. And for the next achoo. GOD BLESS YOU:D

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Whatever is popping here in dirty Jersey at the moment is making everything yellow. And since we've been having so much rain, there are even yellow streaks in the street from the pollen being washed off. :eek:

I've had some bad days, but nothing like the past years, so I won't complain. :) Maybe my body is finally becoming immune.

OP
WannaBeAParrot

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Hmmm wonder if it has to do with the 17 year cicada emergence. just kidding. Achoo. apparently i must be allergic to stuff that the allergy tracking sites don't report on, 'cause they say it's low pollen to mod pollen now - but my histamines say it's super duper high.

@Crimson in Toronto, Ont. I haven't noticed any of that choking cough being a problem. Is smog ever a problem in Toronto? South Flroida (all of Florida actually) doesn't have a smog problem being mostly as flat as a pancake and a peninsula. But when I lived out West, on smoggy days people's asthma would worsen if the smog got trapped in by the mountains.

Greenwing

Mar 8, 2013
Parrots
GW , BG , DYH , YN, CAG
There is something kicking up here in Fla.... Been on a steady regime of Benadryl ... Runny nose, coughing and itchy eyes.. Feeling miserable...

Most Reactions