My big blue cuddle bug ️

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
I'm very fortunate both my birds are loving, but Shiko is by far the most demanding for physical contact. Here's a few photos of the goober.

Late night cuddles:

Giving my boyfriend the stink eye for taking a picture:

I call this the "Shiko Trap". When I want him to sit still, I place my hand palm up and he speaks into it while kissing it or preening himself. I have no idea why it works, but it makes life easier sometimes. Plus it's cute.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
So sweet Chantal! I would have guessed Avery being a conure would be the more demanding one for cuddles. Shiko is a such a special little guy :). Such a beautiful color too!

OP
Dinosrawr

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Avery is more independent and likes to entertain herself, and she's also more of the type where you have to seek her out and she'll oblige. With Shiko I have zero choice. He'll rarely leave me alone when he's out, even if it's been all day. And evveerryyyy night we do this routine... 40m to an hour before bed he gets his cuddles.

It's also hard to give Avery the attention because Shiko gets jealous of either of us... he expects both of our attention 100%. If Avery gives me attention, he's mad at her. If I give Avery attention, he's mad at me. I basically have to have designated Avery cuddle time... that, or I cuddle Avery in my hand while Shiko cuddles into my chest. It's hard being so loved :p I'm very excited for his ring to start growing in soon. He's just over a year and a half, so his next major molt should start bringing out the black. He'll look so handsome :)

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Aww...Shiko is beautiful!! What a little cuddle bug!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Awww, Chantal, what a sweet way to end your day! Adorable photos, thank you! Shiko's beautiful blue will be even more striking when his ring appears.

Umm, new Avery pics?

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Lol who said IRN's aren't cuddly huh?!?!
LOVE these photos, very special wee bird.
I think Henry must be around a similar age, we're expecting a little more black with the next moult too.

OP
Dinosrawr

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Thanks everyone! And yes, they must be! Shiko is just over a year and a half now, and he had his first major molt about 3 months ago I think? I actually made a post about it because overnight he literally lost all of his forehead feathers. It absolutely terrified me :eek:

Henry and Shiko will be so handsome and lovely when their rings come in :) The running joke in my family and my boyfriend's family is that Shiko will get his ring before I get mine, hahaha [emoji16]

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Mango: Male cockatiel, Ruby: Female eclectus
Shiko certainly is a cuddle bug :D ! And don't tell him or else his head won't fit through the cage door but he is very handsome, lol. :p

OP
Dinosrawr

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
HAHA! Thanks William, I definitely agree. The guy has a big enough head as it is!

Most Reactions