my bird is in my cage 24/7

1Pxris

Jan 16, 2024
Parrots
indian ringneck
hello i need help , i have indian ringneck and his cage is really small for him , i was letting him out daily and he was sleeping on his cage but my parents had problems with him and dont like him out of the cage yet i clean everything and my room is bird proof and pretty safe , everything he breaks i fix. my parents said to never let him out anymore and it really hurts , my bird is untamed and store bought , i cant gain his trust either, i dont know if i should sell him because i cant afford a bigger cage. he has food , toys , water , i give him treats but 90% of the day he keeps trying to break out (video link: ) i really dont know what to do , is there any tips how to get him in cage quick without harming him since baiting him with food or water doesnt work he instantly flies away. i just want the best for him so if theres any help id appreciate it.

Saravp

Aug 20, 2023
Parrots
None
He is obviously in distress in that tiny cage. It's a tough thing when you love a being but your parents don't. I've been in that situation so i know it's not fun. If you can't reason with your parents about him coming out then unfortunately your only option is to rehome. No matter the size of the cage he anyways needs time out of the cage. I hope for both your sakes your parents agree on a compromise. Good luck.

Saravp

Aug 20, 2023
Parrots
None
With getting him in a cage there are a few tricks I've heard this is the only one that doesn't involve food. I've never tried but I've heard it works. Turn off all the lights and make the room as fasten as you can, then put some sorry of light in his cage (not too bright that is blinding obviously) and wait. He should be drawn to the light.

pebbles1553

Nov 30, 2023
Media
Parrots
lovebird
hello i need help , i have indian ringneck and his cage is really small for him , i was letting him out daily and he was sleeping on his cage but my parents had problems with him and dont like him out of the cage yet i clean everything and my room is bird proof and pretty safe , everything he breaks i fix. my parents said to never let him out anymore and it really hurts , my bird is untamed and store bought , i cant gain his trust either, i dont know if i should sell him because i cant afford a bigger cage. he has food , toys , water , i give him treats but 90% of the day he keeps trying to break out (video link: ) i really dont know what to do , is there any tips how to get him in cage quick without harming him since baiting him with food or water doesnt work he instantly flies away. i just want the best for him so if theres any help id appreciate it.
ok the cage is way to small... u mentioned you can't afford a bigger one, so maybe try looking on eBay or offer up, or someplace that sells second hand, they will be cheaper there. If you can't I would try rehoming him... I'm so sorry. 😔

pebbles1553

Nov 30, 2023
Media
Parrots
lovebird
oh, that is so sad! Remember you can always have good memories of your beautiful birdie...

Most Reactions

Latest posts