My budgie head twisted and wet body (NOTE: Contains graphic and upsetting text)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
I hope this poor budgie gets the luxuries he deserves at the rainbow bridge. So very sad.

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
I used to travel a lot and india is very dirty and I think rats infesting homes are a common sight. It's a cultural thing I guess. They don't regard cleanliness like the rest of the world does. Doesn't make it wrong, just different. I am very surprised to hear that this bird was not placed somewhere safe when not under supervision, especially with an undiagnosed condition. Perhaps lesson learned? Poor budgie. Good idea rehoming the other. You shouldn't be caring for birds it appears.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Truly nothing more to say other than deepest sympathy for the pain and suffering of an innocent little bird.

Fly free, Little One.

OP
R

Raveesh

Oct 21, 2017
Yes I feel guilty and very bad and admit my horrible mistake took her life . We slept with the bird in our hands couple of night wrapping her with a warm towel. Rats are here in almost all the places but in my place it was something new for our home.

Last edited:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Yes I feel guilty and very bad and admit my horrible mistake took her life . We slept with the bird in our hands couple of night wrapping her with a warm towel. Rats are here in almost all the places but in my place it was something new for our home.

I understand the logic you were thinking of having the bird be "free". I also think there might be some cultural differences at play here, especially the information on care you received (or lack thereof) when you bought your budgies.

I hope if you decide to get another bird in the future, you will participate on the forum for a few months so you are truly prepared, understand care needs and can ask questions/get feedback to be able to be able to provide a happy and safe life and won't have to repeat these mistakes again:)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so very sorry for what happened to this poor little budgie. I think all has been said that can be said, and with April's good advice in her last post it seems a good time to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts