My CAG closes one eye

Sheryl

Apr 1, 2014
Seabrook, Texas
Parrots
Beeper CAG, Maui Lu B&G, Mi Hijo GW
and Bergie my little BFA in Rainbow Bridge
https://www.facebook.com/africangreyforum/posts/10153278871678025 Does anyone know anything about a CAG keeping one eye closed? I've seen it mentioned on the internet several times, but no answers. Last year about this time my Beeper closed his eye one night and by the time I got him to the doctor the next morning he was fine. Doctor gave me drops to keep on hand. Now, this week he is doing it again. He opens it as soon as you disturb him. His vision seems fine. I discovered it was a year ago because I went to get the drops which had the date on it. Not sure if it is a behavior or a symptom. Has anyone had this experience? :confused:

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
If Beeper isn't doing it constantly I wouldn't worry..He maybe just "relaxing" but doesn't want to MISS anything so he keeps one open :p

I'm just curious...is it the same eye as the last time?

Jim

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Mango: Male cockatiel, Ruby: Female eclectus
This behavior is common in parrots and as you said when you disturb him he opens it i would be quite confident that your cag is fine. In the wild parrots will often rest with one eye open so that they can see if there is a predator coming. if your bird begins to keep its eye shut constantly even while active it would be a good idea to visit a vet. good luck with you and your bird.

OP
Sheryl

Sheryl

Apr 1, 2014
Seabrook, Texas
Parrots
Yes, same eye. Thanks.

OP
Sheryl

Sheryl

Apr 1, 2014
Seabrook, Texas
Parrots
Thank you William. Can you recommend a place to read more about this behavior?

Most Reactions

Latest posts