My Cockatiel won't let me touch his wings, what do I do?

Frozengirl

Dec 17, 2017
I've been trying to teach her fetch for almost a month, she runs with her toy instead of giving it to me lolol. I think I need to rethink my strategy

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
My little boy BB,was about 4.5 months old when he came into Amy's and my life. In April,he will be with us two years..so it's right about NOW when he w2as born :D ( OMG his birthday is any day now,lol..I need to do something special for the little boy!)
He was very tame already ( thanks to all the handling his breeder did) and with me constantly lovin' on him,I can hold him and kiss him and cup my hands around his little body with no problems.
I have tried to extend his arms a few times,and he'll LET me do it,to an extent,then get feisty with me and yell at me and try to run away.
If I really persisted,I'd prolly eventually get a harness on him,but I really don't have any intention of him going outside,like Amy does.

I guess all I can say is...be persistent,go at HIS pace,be gentle and reward him with treaties every time he makes a step forward.

Read Al's (Wrench13) threads about his Amazon Salty. It took Al a LONG time to get Salty Boy to except his harness,with a lot of bribery,PRAISE,being consistent with his training,and being patient,and of course...TREATS!
You'll get there..don't give up or get discouraged.

Jim

Most Reactions