My GCC will not stop yelling....

KiwiPlusUs1025

Feb 23, 2014
South Florida
Parrots
Yellow Side Green Check Conure
Hi everyon,

Ok, I might be a little paranoid parent, but Kiwi my GCC had not stopped yelling. She a year and a month old.

Is she just being a brat? Even when I take her out of her cage is is yelling. If she's not flying after me from room to room.

Could it be hormones? I've heard that conures reach their hormonal/breeding behaviors early.

I google it for some extra Information and the stuff I read said that it might be hormones. So this afternoon I'm going to the store to pick up some baskets and stuff to make foraging toys and see if that wil keep her busy.

Any additional information would be great!

Thank you

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
6 yr old Sun Conure (Ducati)
Try not to inadvertently encourage the yelling. Any kind of reaction (positive or negative) could reinforce the yelling. I know this is way easier said than done sometimes. Ducati gets in his moods sometimes and it gets very hard to ignore him. More so for my husband than for me. He's slowly gotten better.

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
Lower your voice to a whisper and talk like that. My Hahns gets like that and the whisper game works.

OP
KiwiPlusUs1025

KiwiPlusUs1025

Feb 23, 2014
South Florida
Parrots
Yellow Side Green Check Conure
Try not to inadvertently encourage the yelling. Any kind of reaction (positive or negative) could reinforce the yelling. I know this is way easier said than done sometimes. Ducati gets in his moods sometimes and it gets very hard to ignore him. More so for my husband than for me. He's slowly gotten better.

Thank you! Its the same in my house, lol, it brothers my husband more then me. I ignored her yesterday and this afternoon. But I was getting frustrate I didn't know what was wrong with her.:confused: She is usually so good.

However she had not yelling!!! yay!!!

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
6 yr old Sun Conure (Ducati)

Thank you! Its the same in my house, lol, it brothers my husband more then me. I ignored her yesterday and this afternoon. But I was getting frustrate I didn't know what was wrong with her.:confused: She is usually so good.

However she had not yelling!!! yay!!!
Maybe it's a guy thing lol. Or just a our husband's thing lol. Ducati sometimes yells at me when I've been sitting for too long. He makes me get up so he can stand on my head while I walk around a bit. At least he's helping not be such a couch potato lol

Most Reactions