My husband is going to kill me but

birdmama61

Apr 13, 2011
I had to take in a quaker female today she was in horrible living conditions . This girl had spent alot of money on her accessories , a transport cage and Im talking one of the two hundred dollar ones and it was caked with poo and garbage I had to let it soak to clean it and disinfect it . It is now clean and shiny . This girl is having a fit so Im going to leave her alone for a few days . My husband is going to kill me but I could not leave that bird in those conditions a minute longer . The girl used
the excuse that she is getting a divorce and could not longer take care of the bird . I felt so bad for this bird . I think after a little while she will be a great bird at least Im hoping so anyways if not then I will figure something out . But I could not stand to see that bird living in filth . Oh and dont even get me started on her dishes in her cage and her cage oh her cage , can someone say protozoan nightmare . I wish I had taken pictures . Then she says she may want her back in a few years . I would never give her back ever to her . Nope she will never get her back end of story on that one and no I did not sign a contract . she will not retain any ownership on this bird ever again . I was so angry when I saw that bird and she had the nerve to say this bird is her baby . I just needed to vent thanks .

LoveMauiGus

Jun 14, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Parrots
Maui - Sun Conure,
Gus - Yellow Collared Macaw
Each life is important. You did the right thing, I am sure your husband will understand. Plus you already have Quakers, what's one more? hehe

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
i'm so glad that you took the poor baby. post some pics when you get a chance...and tell us what your hubby says! xxx

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
I would have got her too. Your husband probably knew what he was signing on for when he married you. lol

Be careful w/the new one, if she was living in such conditions, she could be bringing something in to make your birds sick. Vet & quarantine. Would hate for a good deed to have horrible results.

mele

Jul 26, 2011
California
Parrots
Lotty- Umbrella Cockatoo,
Scarlet- Scarlet Macaw,
Paco- Lilac Amazon, Josh-blue front amazon
You did a good thing and I know the little bird is greatful.
That girl must be crazy if she thinks she's going to get the bird back after how she failed to care for her in the first place.

please post pics.

Abbiebaby

Sep 5, 2011
TX
Parrots
Cluck - Timneh African Grey.

Just Deceased - Abbie - Green Cheek Conure
I thank God for people like you.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
She is your little treasure to nuture back to health and happiness. We are all with you on this one.

OP
B

birdmama61

Apr 13, 2011
Well sadly I have to find a good home for her because my husband says she has to go and I know a girl who will most likely take her . If not then I will be actively looking for a home for her . I guess 3 birds is all my hubby can handle . LOL !!! I kind of had the feeling . Oh well thems the breaks kid .

birdybabies

Aug 4, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Billy & Finley (Budgies)
Malakai (Blue Quaker)
Murphy (Green Quaker)
Rhyly (Cockatiel)
Oakley (IRN)
Disco (Lovebird)
Too bad you cant keep her BUT you did get her out of that nasty situation. Thank You. Now you can decide where her new forever home will be. I am sure you will be very picky and so you should be, she has been through enough.

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
Bless you for helping her on her way to a good home, and to health and happiness! No bird deserves to live like that, and we know you will be picky about who takes her!

brighteyes

Aug 24, 2011
Media
on a farm in south vic Austrailia...
Parrots
The very proud owner of a new baby sun conour !
I have a hubby like that , very funny we never argue need to know basis only funny new bird cage turns up empty later new bird , fancy meal for him , one day l had two alpacas now four , they give up as they get older , So long as they never have to feed or clean up u can get away with it , try again you are looking for new home it just may take a few years . Ha Ha ..

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
well she's at yours now an safe, an most important given a chance in a better life

OP
B

birdmama61

Apr 13, 2011
She went to a good home yesterday and Im glad of it and also my husband is not one of those who you can make wait on something . He will drive you there to make sure it is a done deal and I have no dealing options because I m out of work right now and not able to buy the food and he is having to do it so there is no bargaining . If I was working then it would be different but right now no options with him .

birdybabies

Aug 4, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Billy & Finley (Budgies)
Malakai (Blue Quaker)
Murphy (Green Quaker)
Rhyly (Cockatiel)
Oakley (IRN)
Disco (Lovebird)
I am glad she went to a good home. You did the right thing for the bird, removed her from that mess and gave her a loving home. You did the right thing by your husband too. I see it as a win win situation. Great job, well done!

Most Reactions

Latest posts