My Jenday isn’t feeling well

PapaGeorge12

Jul 16, 2023
Parrots
George the Jenday Conure
Hello my Jenday, George, is 9 years old he was
Vomiting earlier that has seemed to stop and he did eat and drink a little, but he seems sleepy just sitting in his cage. No avian vets open by me I will take him to his vet tomorrow what can I do in the meantime? We’re very worried

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Right now, keep him warm.
Give him anything he will eat, even if it’s seeds and millet.
If you have a travel cage or can move his main cage to a quiet calm room, that’s be good too, unless the room he’s in is already quiet.

Good luck with your baby! Keep us updated and good luck.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Excellent advice above. You might also consider supplementing with baby bird formula if he's not eating well and won't take anything else. The big thing is to keep the calories up. Maintaining body temperature uses tons of calories, and more so if he's sick. Please keep us posted 🙏

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Not much you can do if he is sleepy. What would you do, crash cymbals every 10 minutes? IMO, I would let him sleep if so inclined. As has been said, maintaining body temperature takes a lot of calories.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so sorry that George is ill. How is he feeling today?

OP
P

PapaGeorge12

Jul 16, 2023
Parrots
George the Jenday Conure
How is George today? Were you able to get him to a vet?
George is back to his rambunctious ways😁yes my husband took him to our vet this morning, he had aspirated on something (an apple piece) she heard a little something in his right side. He’s on antibiotics and everything is good thank god! Thanks to everyone for your help and support yesterday it means alot

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Much better on antibiotics, he aspirated something
I'm so happy to hear this! You must be so relieved, I'm so glad you caught it so early and I bet he will be back to normal in no time:).

Most Reactions