My Sun Conures isnt listening to the step-up command

applefrog

Dec 27, 2023
Parrots
A Pair of Sun Conures
Recently, my 9 Week Old Sun Conure hasn't been listening to the step up command. I taught him the command at 7 ½ weeks old and he was doing it perfectly fine until 24th December, where he just stopped listening. I'm not sure why he is doing this as we do it all the time. Im not sure if this is a possible cause, a new Sun Conure was introduced into his environment, however they seem fine together. (They aren't fighting and they understand sharing between their food)

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Recently, my 9 Week Old Sun Conure hasn't been listening to the step up command. I taught him the command at 7 ½ weeks old and he was doing it perfectly fine until 24th December, where he just stopped listening. I'm not sure why he is doing this as we do it all the time. Im not sure if this is a possible cause, a new Sun Conure was introduced into his environment, however they seem fine together. (They aren't fighting and they understand sharing between their food)
Hi and welcome to the forum.
What do you usually do when your bird does step up?
My bird sometimes won't step up if it thinks I'm going to put him away in its cage. It will bite me if it strongly disagrees.
Make sure it knows its done well when it steps up. Reward it, talk to it, give him a treat or a head scratch so it associates the step up with something positive or fun.

Most Reactions

Latest posts