My little acrobat!

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Just wanted to share a couple of picks of Parry - he can even eat treats helping with his other foot! He can hang like this for a while, and he loves to pose for the camera. LOL
Does your bird do that too? :)

Attachments

• DSC_0512.jpg
    DSC_0512.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC_0513.jpg
    DSC_0513.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 255
OP
veimar

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
I have no idea why one pick is upside down... :( just turn your computer on the side. :D

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
Parry looks so happy! I hope I can get my new boy that acclimated and acting goofy like that :) He seems to not know yet that he's safe here, or what to do with his new found freedom from the tiny cage he was in. It seems overwhelming for him right now. And someone touching him in any manner is quite foreign to him. At least he seems happy to see me when I come downstairs in the morning, he freaks out and calls out and jumps around like I'm the most exciting thing he's ever seen. At least there's that :) The rest will hopefully come later.

How long did it take Parry to bond to you after you got him? Was he a baby or a rehome?

Mavis

Sep 6, 2014
Kent, UK
Parrots
Percy - 'maroon bellied gc conure' & Reggie - 'pineapple gc conure'
Beautiful and super cute, makes it look easy : )

Oh and see little Murziks face peeking in pic 1 : >

OP
veimar

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
Parry looks so happy! I hope I can get my new boy that acclimated and acting goofy like that :) He seems to not know yet that he's safe here, or what to do with his new found freedom from the tiny cage he was in. It seems overwhelming for him right now. And someone touching him in any manner is quite foreign to him. At least he seems happy to see me when I come downstairs in the morning, he freaks out and calls out and jumps around like I'm the most exciting thing he's ever seen. At least there's that :) The rest will hopefully come later.

How long did it take Parry to bond to you after you got him? Was he a baby or a rehome?

Your boy will be okay - it took Parry a while until he got to where he is now. Parry is our only pet store bird - we bought him a year ago from Petsmart. He was dirty with poop on his feathers, malnourished and very miserable there sitting in the corner and staring at the wall. We got a huge discount on him which was unusual for this kind of store - lil guy was on the floor only for a couple of days and was scheduled to be sent back to the breeder. So in a way we definitely rescued him. At home I realized he wasn't weaned properly and I had to feed tiny bits of food putting to his mouth. :) he is my first bird and is very special to me.

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016

Im sure your gcc will be fine also. How long have you had him? Im glad you got him out of a small cage, green cheeks need alot of room to play. Pumpkin has this cage Petco Designer Mink Brown Standing Parrot Cage - Parrot Play Top Bird Cage from petco.com and uses every single inch of it plus the playtop. They really do need alot of room, so good for you!

Also, im sure he will start feeling safe it just takes time and every bird is different as im sure you know. Touching will come with trust, i was lucky to get a baby from a wonderful breeder so hes used to touching, just needed to get used to me. The fact that he is excited to see you is a start. Maybe just work slowly helping him to understand that your hands bring good things like his favorite foods eventually working to step up and then move onto touching him. Also with clicker training you can strt building trust and teaching tricks while he is still inside his cage until hes comfortable to come out with you.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Parry is a cutie, and so talented! He looks like he is modeling :)

Most Reactions