My Midori. :)

sixshades

May 19, 2011
Media
Parrots
Midori - Cinnamon GCC
OK, starting Midori her own little thread so I can update along the way without having to track down a bunch of different threads. :)

First, some pictures:

Flash!

Her favorite place to be. (I know it's bad, but she's so precious. ;-;)

Midori's play area

:3

All wet after a bath. x3

Midori's been with me for 2 weeks now, and in that time she's learned to drink from a water bottle, 'step up', 'step down', and 'go poop' lol. (To start paper training her. She hasn't quite picked up on the idea that she should ONLY use the paper, but she definitely gets the connection to the command, which is pretty clever, imo!) :3

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3
oh how cute! :D Lucy isn't too keen on sitting on shoulders or heads, she likes to be cuddled up in our shirts though :) How do you dry her after a bath?

OP
sixshades

sixshades

May 19, 2011
Media
Parrots
Midori - Cinnamon GCC
I actually posted here asking about how to dry her after a bath. xD
I went with not drying her, since she doesn't shiver. I pat her dry with a towel and then let her sit on my head and preen herself dry.

OP
sixshades

sixshades

May 19, 2011
Media
Parrots
Midori - Cinnamon GCC
Yeah, that seems to be what most people do.
I don't want to try it with her because she's already pretty jumpy with noises. I'll probably try introducing her to one some day. :)

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Awww...she's precious! Our Franklin had his first bath with us a few days ago. (we are on our 5th day with him) I thought he looked soo funny all soaking wet, but boy did he enjoy it! After the fact my husband stood in the warm bathroom with him on and off towel drying and waiting patiently. :)

Toni

Most Reactions