My new "Angel"

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
I recently asked about sexing Albino Budgies. My friend got one in a batch of budgies, and wasn't sure he wanted to add albinism to his birds gene pool. So, I took this little angel. He is so sweet. But, not tame at all. Since I recently lost my albino cockatiel "Angel", this little baby will take his place and name. Of course, no bird can take my Angel's place. But, this little one needed to go to someone who'll appreciate his uniqueness. We love "him" already. It doesn't matter to me if it's a he or she. And so the flock continues to grow!

DannyA93

Jan 22, 2012
Las Cruces, NM
Parrots
Pineapple Turquoise Greencheek Conure-Ivy❤️, Male Cockatiel-Lusa (aka Bub =D)
I think angel is a perfect name for an albino bird:) im sorry about your loss but congrats on your new baby! looks like you got lucky on that alot of people i know are looking for an albino budgie!

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
Why is albinism not a good trait in a birds gene pool? Are there other physical problems that go along with this?

Want to add, I'm happy you still have an 'Angel' in your life!

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Congratulations on the new birdy! I'd love to see some pictures.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Congratulations on finding your new angel :)
Please post pictures once Angel settles in .
Enjoy your new baby :)

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Why is albinism not a good trait in a birds gene pool? Are there other physical problems that go along with this?

Albino's are much more likely to have health problems especially regarding sight. So it is actually wise to not throw it into a good gene pool just on that front. I have an albino and did a lot of research into possible health problems because of her. : )

I'm sure you'll find out sooner than later wether Angel is a boy/girl, would like to see pictures if possible!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*

Albino's are much more likely to have health problems especially regarding sight. So it is actually wise to not throw it into a good gene pool just on that front. I have an albino and did a lot of research into possible health problems because of her. : )

I'm sure you'll find out sooner than later wether Angel is a boy/girl, would like to see pictures if possible!

I thought so , it's usually not a good trait in most animals. I could be wrong , but like in birds , it can carry blindness , deafness , among other health issues.
But I think it depends on what genes the mate would carry if bred.
Not totally sure about this though.....
IMO , they are gorgeous anyway :)
:white1::white1:

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Congrats on the new Angel in your life!!!

OP
BillsBirds

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Pictures will come. I have finally bought a digital camera. Now, am learning to use it. :D

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I can't wait to see him, we just love our albino, they are just so pretty and when they spread those white wings of theirs they do look like little angels :) If you can get a good up close picture of his ceres I may be able to help you decipher whether he is actually a he or not. It is a little different with the Ino's but it's definitely possible.

Most Reactions

Latest posts