My New Baby Is Home - Update! Questions??

ButterflyMommy

Mar 14, 2010
Tucson, AZ
So most of you may have read my thread "My New Baby Is Home" I thought I would give an update. Jimmy has settled in very nicely, no more signs of nervousness. He has a pretty set schedule of up at 8am and bed at 7:30pm. He is eating breakfast, lunch and dinner no problems now, and tries something "new" with no "major" problems. (Usually I have to "try it" first, get all excited, play keep away and then he will eat it.) He is great with everyone in the house, but he has an obvious preference to me. He loves scritches (sp) and will spend an hour sitting on my lap snuggling and getting scritches. He is now used to the playstand, and gets "rolled" with me from room to room during the day. I put him in his cage for nap time, and the first few days he would put up a fight going to the cage, but I have been enticing him with treats so he is better with the idea now.

He started getting vocal around day four, and the breeder I got him from had told me he was already speaking but honestly I did not believe her too much, I thought he was still a lil young. Well, I was really wrong, he talks A LOT! All day long, especially if I am not paying attention to him. He has learned that screaming "mommy" gets me running. Must have picked that up from my kids. He says "good morning"good night"wuv you"what are you doing" and the newest as of this morning is "come here." He garbles a lot, I just wonder what it is he is trying to say. He loves to whistle, mostly just the pretty girl and the doggy whistle.

Ok I have a few questions, first, last night during our snuggle session he was sitting on my chest and started making this really weird noise, almost like a hiss or a sigh, and kept trying to get to my mouth. I thought maybe he was trying to regurgitate, but I am not sure.

My next question is about his cage, I want to make a cover for it, it is cheaper than buying one, and right now I am just using blankets. I was wondering if it is ok to make it so that the back side stays covered (to protect my wall) and the other three sides "roll" up or if it would not be safe to leave one side down. Since it is a dome top, the top would also stay covered (the part over the dome). Is this ok or does it have to completely come off during the day? He does not go on top of the cage anymore since he has the playstand, his cage is pretty tall and he has a bad habit of not wanting to come down.

Ok that is pretty much it for now, thank you everyone in advance!

Most Reactions

Latest posts