My New Baby Meyers!!!

HollyG

Aug 4, 2013
Hey guys! So I am new to Meyer's Parrots but not to owning birds in general! I currently have a female Lutino Cockatiel and a Male Canary. I have had birds since I was a kid. I will be picking up my new baby Meyer's on the 10th, I am so excited! I've read and heard so much about these birds and even interacted with a Brown Headed Parrot last week. My little Meyers is a little over 8 weeks. He may not be completely 100% fully weaned by the time I get him, but that's alright, I use to hand raise cockatiels and other baby birds all the time... the breeder knows me well now and is more than comfortable letting me finish his weaning.
Here's a picture of my little baby and his parents, who are absolutely beautiful Meyers!! My baby's name is Avem, is a little over 8 weeks old, is about 7" already and is about 140 grams (baby weight still there hehe). Mom weighs in at 135 grams and dad maxes out at around 150 grams!! I think Avem will be a big beautiful boy once he hits a couple years old!!
View attachment 8025
View attachment 8024

Last edited:

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Wow, what a beautiful birdy! Congratulations on your soon to be new fid! I love Meyers parrots, they're just great little birdies. Very jealous!

Good luck, keep us updated! (With pics! :D)

OP
H

HollyG

Aug 4, 2013
Thanks guys! will definitely keep you guys updated... yes with pics ;)

Shade

Sep 27, 2011
Canada
Parrots
Piper - Peachface Lovebird;
Shade - Senegal Parrot;
Joey & Pixel - Red-bellied Parrots;
Petey & Zuri - Meyer's Parrots;
Léa - Cape Parrot
Congrats and welcome! :)

OP
H

HollyG

Aug 4, 2013
Update picture! He is such a big boy! 8 1/2 week's old and look how big he is compared to the breeders hand! I'm so excited to get him home Saturday!
View attachment 8032

Last edited:

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Avem almost looks fully grown already! What a cutie pie. I love their yellow shoulders. Bet you can't wait! :)

GreyG

Jul 26, 2013
Virginia Beach, VA
Parrots
Cleo (Meyer's)
Bailey (Coral Billed Pionus)
Zoey (African Grey)
WOW those are some BIG Meyers!! My 18 year old Meyers tips the scales at just under 130g empty. In any event, that is a beautiful baby you have!

OP
H

HollyG

Aug 4, 2013
Thanks! I'm so excited to finally get him home! When I do I'll post a pic of us together!! Hehe

OP
H

HollyG

Aug 4, 2013
I just noticed how DARK Avem's feet are!! Is that normal?? The darkest feet I've seen on other Meyer's is more like a med-grey color. Avem's feet are pretty much the same as his head! lol

GreyG

Jul 26, 2013
Virginia Beach, VA
Parrots
Cleo (Meyer's)
Bailey (Coral Billed Pionus)
Zoey (African Grey)
I just noticed how DARK Avem's feet are!! Is that normal?? The darkest feet I've seen on other Meyer's is more like a med-grey color. Avem's feet are pretty much the same as his head! lol

Looks normal to me...charcoal grey....

Most Reactions