My new bird, Trevor (picture heavy).

Frumpydumple

Apr 21, 2013
Durham, UK.
Parrots
My birds: Skyler/Sky, violet Indian Ringneck. Mother's birds: Norman, African Grey and Mildred, Blue Crowned Conure.
I was calling him Skyler, but he isn't actually a blue colour, he is actually grey with a mix of purple, so I'm calling him Trevor instead. He already has a slight neck ring. I have DNA'd him and I am waiting for the results now.

After a shower.

Playing with a q-tip.

Eating grapes.

His cage.

OP
Frumpydumple

Frumpydumple

Apr 21, 2013
Durham, UK.
Parrots
My birds: Skyler/Sky, violet Indian Ringneck. Mother's birds: Norman, African Grey and Mildred, Blue Crowned Conure.

minxydoodles

Mar 24, 2015
london
Parrots
2 beautiful lovies
Wow what a beautiful lil parrot the red beak looks like lipstick lolol i love the colour feathers... im sure youll have loads of fun together :D

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
What a gorgeous IRN, Emily! Trevor is stunning, I love the unusual color.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
:eek: WOW!!!! What gorgeous colors on Trevor! STUNNING baby boy!!! :D

.... AND....I very much LOVE your Walking Dead collection on the wall!!!! Sweeeet!!!! :D

OP
Frumpydumple

Frumpydumple

Apr 21, 2013
Durham, UK.
Parrots
:eek: WOW!!!! What gorgeous colors on Trevor! STUNNING baby boy!!! :D

.... AND....I very much LOVE your Walking Dead collection on the wall!!!! Sweeeet!!!! :D

I love his color too. It's so pretty.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. :D

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
Lovely bird, congrats :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Trevor is beautiful! Such a different and pretty color. My guess is the DNA will confirm a boy :).

OP
Frumpydumple

Frumpydumple

Apr 21, 2013
Durham, UK.
Parrots
Trevor is beautiful! Such a different and pretty color. My guess is the DNA will confirm a boy :).

I'm guessing that too. I'm 99% sure he is male, but we'll see. :)

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Love IRNs! I am just a bit scared of the bluffing stage. Would love to have one if I could get through that.

OP
Frumpydumple

Frumpydumple

Apr 21, 2013
Durham, UK.
Parrots
Love IRNs! I am just a bit scared of the bluffing stage. Would love to have one if I could get through that.

Me too. They're amazing birds to own.

I've had two baby Ringnecks from different breeders and the bluffing has never been bad at all. It is often worse with females.
I've had a few baby Green Cheek Conures and the nippy phase has always been worse compared to Ringneck bluffing.
Bluffing usually doesn't last long either.
From what I've found, Ringnecks don't usually bite, they lunge and beak you instead.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
So pretty !!! thanks for sharing

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Congrats on bringing Trevor home! My bets are on boy, especially since his ring is already showing;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts