My play-date with Timothy!

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Grand news! Timothy and I had a wonderful play-date this afternoon. I kept it short (and we will have another rendezvous in a little bit … short get togethers, often). He wasn’t interested in the foot toys or millet. He vacillated between running away (escape) and intrigue (coming toward and perching on me!). When he ran away, (chasing is a no-no), I gave him a wide berth and headed him off at the pass … when he realized he’d been had, he just simply “stepped-up” into my hand and let me transport him gently back to our play area! He scurried up my arm, nestled in my hair and burrowed between my boobs! LOL He let me kiss him (on the head) and let me rub him against my cheek—all the while cooing and making kissing sounds. What a handsome little fellow!!! *smitten*!

Since being back in his cage, he seems comfortable and relaxed. I have to tell you what happened late last night. I found him clinging precariously one foot on the side of the cage, one foot on a toy—asleep, or at least ATTEMPTING sleep. He would not, for anything, move to another area of his cage to where he would find more comfort. I couldn’t stand watching him being so uncomfortable any longer so I stole one of Cecil’s swings and put it in the exact position that Timothy was trying to sleep … within five minutes, he situated himself on the perch swing and was SOUND asleep as a tuckered out baby.

I'm sorry, I didn't have enough hands to watch Timothy and get the camera out ... I'll try to get pics post haste!!

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened." ~Author Unknown~

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
That's absolutely great news Deanna!see that you worried so much!
Timothy is a good birdie!he has already started loving and trusting you.
He finally found that nice and loving person he deserved!Have lots of fun togther!
and don't forget ..a pic please! :pic: ;) :D

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
oh bless the wee soul. It will be interesting if a good nights sleep leaves him less anxious.
I know if I have a run of poor sleep I am so easily startled:eek:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
dance.gif
dance.gif
Way to go Timothy, yep sure seems like the love and trust is already there, little by little he will feel he can give that to you 100%. Your doing a grand job with him, well done to you both. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts