My poofy pionus, Pascal. :)

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
It's been a little bit since I posted about him! He's still doing well, brad is working on the biting (I think he gets over stimulated, since I've never been bitten.) and he's started to really LOVE his showers!!
Before he would get excited and squawk and then sit in the shower with us, but he never flapped/really got into it. Just sort of sat around until we removed him lol.
But since we made a shower perch to bring all the fids in the shower at once he's started to really enjoy it!! Last time he was hanging upside down flapping his wings until we turned the water off on him.. Lol. Plus it provides a calm environment for all the birds to coexist. He's touched beaks with both the conures and does really well considering how nosy they are! No aggressive displays.
I'm still in the hospital recovering (had my c section Wednesday) but Brad went home last night and sent me this picture : ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404514840.438251.jpg

I figure that's his "I missed you but I'm mad you left and I hate cell phones!" Face. Lol. Goofy bird..

I'm hoping the birds will be excited to see me when I come home. I know I'll be excited!! Haha. :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thanks, that's really funny of Pascal :)

Edit: I just read about your c-section. I'm glad all went well, just enjoy laying there and getting waited on lol.

Last edited:

parrotlover1176

Apr 7, 2014
Parrots
Senegal, Maximillian Pionus, 2 Cockatiels, Ruppell's
Aww, how cute! I wish my pi would bathe like that! :)

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
It took him a while to figure it out. He's been showering with us since he came home in March and just recently started to learn how to love it. We just take him in the shower with us and put him on his perch and if he wants to he'll bathe himself, if not we'll run the water over him ourselves. (I think sometimes he's just lazy ;) )

Most Reactions