My Quaker Parrots

Sympaul

Jun 26, 2015
So I have two quaker parrots. We put them and their cage outside (they were inside the cage). So my dad went to cleanup their cage, and my female quaker escaped and flew away. We found an egg inside the cage with the male quaker. Is it possible that she flew away because of the egg? Getting supplies? Or just stopped liking the male? What should we do with the egg? They have eaten their babies in the past, so we put the egg in a bowl with cotton balls and put it by a window.

Why did my female quaker leave?
How can we get her back?
What should we do with the egg (We plan on keeping it)?
:(:green:

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I am sorry for your loss.

The female most likely left because she was disturbed by the cleaning or simply felt like leaving. Birds who are outside in cages require special attention to make sure they do not escape. The egg was surely not the cause, though I cannot say whether or not she liked the male.

Do a search for how to retrieve lost birds. There are a lot of things you can try but they have all been posted before.

Parrot eggs require exact heat, exact humidity, and exact and regular rotation. Unless you have another pair of birds who will adopt the egg or you have a parrot egg incubator, the egg will not survive no matter what you do.

Good luck getting your bird back.

Most Reactions

Latest posts