Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Well Pepsi has showed me that she is wise in her old age. She has learned 2 sneaky little tricks.
Firstly, I have a containor of assorted nuts for her to have as a treat and I will let her stick her head in and pick out which one she wants (usually cashews) She has learned now to grab one nut stick it under her tongue and grab a second one. Now she gets 2 nuts for a treat!!!
Finally she has learned to open up the food cup doors and try and get out of her cage. She hasn't got out yet, only half way when I've caught her doing this.
She is a sneaky little thing!!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
What a clever little gal she is, and why settle for one nut when she can have two. :D The scariest thing about them being able to open the food cup doors is when you come down in the morning and they are not in the cage, but sitting in a corner of their play area. Puts the fear of your life into you. :D Can you tell I've been there!!!!

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
So now what do you do now that you know she takes two nuts? I'm sure you let her slide and go ahead and have them.

Even though that can be quite scary that she is trying to get out through those little doors, that's great that she's showing that she wants to be out! How's the stepping-up coming along?

Most Reactions

Latest posts