My time for a rant!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I just don't understand why anyone would 'purposely' get their bird going like this - it's so unnecessary.

:cool:Like, Dude, to totally be a star on UTube... :cool:

Favorite Birdie Movie Lines: "I'll make you famous!" :eek:

:D

ImmunoGoblin

Mar 5, 2014
outside Cincinnati, OH
Parrots
Tater Tot - DYH Amazon
Kiwi - Orange-winged Amazon
Biscuit - Young-ish cockatiel
That video is so upsetting!

This is actually a regular occurrence in our house - not violin-playing to provoke our birds, but violin-playing in the same room as our birds. I sometimes get paranoid and worry that I am mistaking what I perceive as enjoyment for agitation, but they really seem to enjoy it a lot - they vocalize, sing, shout, and generally run through their entire repertoire of words and sounds - pretty much the same way they respond to exciting tv shows or recorded music.

mh434

Oct 28, 2014
BC, Canada
Parrots
Yellow-naped Amazon "Sammy"
Love birds (4)
Green-cheeked Conure "Skittles" - now, sadly gone from my life
Blue-Crowned Conure "Tequila"
African Grey "Reno" - sadly, now gone from my life
I suspect it was less the music, and more the big-stick-coming-at-me-over-and-over that elicited that response. My Sammy would do the same thing if someone poked a stick in his direction. It doesn't even need to be waved at him - just near him is enough to light him up.

As for music, Sammy likes classical well enough, but he LOVES jazz! He's particularly fond of Louis Armstrong, and invariably sings along (sometimes, he even does a little dancing to go with it!).

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
That guy is a moron...

I hope blood was drawn as payment for his idiocy. Did anyone hear the bfa at the end? "What now?!?" Lol like yeah!! Get you and your terrible violin out of my face!!

And why are there only 2 perches and ZERO toys in that cage? It barely looks like anyone lives in it other than the dishes [emoji35]

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Jalapeños, the little spectacled amazon, adopter was talking about this video the other day. Apparently her neighbor, who is supposed to be a bird person..., freaked when she told the woman that she was adopting an amazon for her son. She told her to watch all these videos of amazons acting aggressive or attacking. So when Jalapeños adopter showed up for the second visit she asked us about the amazon behaviors and what was going on in the videos and should she be worried. Basically told her the videos had idiots in them and that her neighbor was from the same breed. Apparently her neighbor was attacked by an amazon and now thinks no one should ever get an amazon because they are vicious monsters. So I slide and spun Kelly around the table on his back and had him do his bat bird routine. Then when Byron walked in Kelly did the crazy amazon routine and told her this is when you back away for a little while and let the bird calm down:D Not walk closer like an idiot...if you walk closer to Kelly when he looks like this and get attacked I'm just going to shrug and tell you that you deserved it for not listening to him:31:

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I saw this video a few weeks back and thought, "what a dummy, you deserved it." I was also wondering what was so great about it he had to set it up and post it.

OP
veimar

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
I saw this video a few weeks back and thought, "what a dummy, you deserved it." I was also wondering what was so great about it he had to set it up and post it.

Read his self-pitying hero description (pretty long) and you understand why this moron posted it.

jbirge

Dec 9, 2013
Media
Montrose Colorado
Parrots
Double Yellow Amazon
I got a good laugh out of this. I adopted my Amazon (Pedro) when my daughter could no longer care for him. For the first 6 months he'd attack me whenever I walked in the room. Time patience and understanding and we're best friends now. Sits on my shoulder dancing the "Regurgitation Rag", which is pretty disgusting but highlights how we humans have a tendency to impart human reactions to our pets. Pedro vomiting on my shoulder is an act of affection.

I'm sure the violinist thought he was entertaining this Amazon. Hope he doesn't take it personal...:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts