My unToo Too!

AnnBrown

Sep 28, 2015
Southern Louisiana
Parrots
Razberry, Galah (rose breasted) Cockatoo
Celine, sun conure
I have fostered everything from M2s to G2s and finally stopped fostering and decided it was time to have a permanent member of the family about a year and a half ago and I have to say my rose breasted has been an awesome addition to the family! But she is the most un2 I have ever seen! She still loves being petted and would spend every second of the day if I let her. I work from home at least 3 day days a week so it was a priority to teach her to play happily on her stand during the day (I talk to her from the other side of the room almost all day and pet her every time I walk by the stand) She is not loud and seem very content to play with her toys and talk to her feathered side kick (my son's conure who stays on her own stand) But though I have provided her with SOOOO many puzzle toys and tried teaching her tricks she has no interest in any of it. She loves pulling none toxic paper Easter grass out of paper egg cartons and shredding paper coffee filters but i'm worried she is going to get board with this over time. We have piles of toys but she only likes and will interact with a handful and even acts scared of some of them. (i always sit new toys on a table near her stand for her to get use to before placing them on the stand) I'm not sure if there is something else I can be doing to encourage her to play. She climbs from to bottom of her stand (large home made pvc) Any tricks/hints to get her to interact more than just begging for scratches would be great!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
All of my Too experience is with the white variety, mostly G2, M2, and Citron. I've heard the RB2s are quite different and tend to be less neurotic and boisterous.

Seems your Razberry is well adjusted and has settled on a comfortable selection of toys. Many Toos love to chew wood, though you may have an exception. Other than choosing new toys and letting her observe, don't have any bright ideas for you except for foraging toys. Hiding treats inside some sort of enclosure that requires effort to extract may be welcome?

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Cardboard is a hit with RB2's - tissue boxes especially. Make sure she is not hormonal as you would be giving her a nest. Take care with possessiveness but otherwise use it as a chew toy and foraging activity.

Most Reactions

Latest posts