Ginkai

Mar 20, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Eastern Galah - Suki Lala 10 months old
Greyhound Cross - Max 7 years old
Great Dane Cross - Marque 2 years old
Rats -Lola 1yr old, Tsuyu, Enya, Fury all 6 months old, Cookie 8 weeks
I just wanted to share my house with everyone. I have two dogs, a greyhound cross named max and a great dane cross called Marque. My sisters dog a pomeranian named Andy also lives with us. Five rats called Lola, tsuyu, enya, fury and cookie all female. And of course Suki.

When I tell people how many animals I have the usual reaction is how do you keep them from eating each other? I am very proud that I have trained my dogs to ignore all the other animals in the house. For example right now Suki is on her play stand and Marque is asleep on the couch no more than a metre away, max is calmly following my husband around even past Suki both ignoring each other. Andy is asleep on the ground at the foot of Suki's play stand and of course I never leave everyone together unless supervised. It's a very harmonious house dispite the fact that 9 animals live here. And clean too! I clean everyday and it only takes twenty minutes. With a full thorough clean once a fortnight of all the cages and floors and bedding.

Next question I usually get is that it must cost a fortune to feed them all. And its really not that expensive. $20 a fortnight in dog food, $5 a fortnight in rat food and that's the good stuff. And $30 a month in Suki's pellets. Then they get fruits and veges from our groceries.

This lifestyle isn't for the lazy. But I get great joy living amongst them all. And wouldn't have it any other way! Will share pics of everyone if anyone wants to see.

OP
Ginkai

Ginkai

Mar 20, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Decided to ad photos anyway, couldn't help myself :D
First one is Max, then me Max and Marque on my wedding day, they were in the ceremony, then Cookie the 8 week old baby rat, the Max again with Andy the pomeranian and Suki in the background, and last is tsuyu, 6 months old inspecting max's face. As you can see max is very photogenic!

Attachments

• new 005.jpg
    new 005.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCF0344.jpg
    DSCF0344.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 226
  • IMAG1734.jpg
    IMAG1734.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 208
  • IMAG1788.jpg
    IMAG1788.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMAG1745.jpg
    IMAG1745.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

solobaby

Jul 14, 2011
Parrots
Solo(indian ringneck)-Marley(green cheek conure)- Dobby (cockatiel)
beautiful babies

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
That's awesome!

I have Sugar and Loki, but I also have a Boston Terrier named Onyx, a Russian Tortoise named Deemer (he's my daughter's, given to her by a friend who was moving cross country and didn't think she could take him with her :rolleyes: but we love him!), a very handicapped Bearded Dragon and in a few weeks, we'll be adding a 5yo Corn Snake named RB. RB lived with us last summer over vacation; she was the Spawn's Kindergarten class pet but RB has since gotten too big for the Kindergarteners to handle (she's long and heavy). This will be our third corn snake, but the only one we'll own currently. Our previous two died :(

Everyone asks me how I handle "so many pets" (I've never been asked how we keep them from eating each other though, lol). It's easy. Two of them are in tanks and while they do get attention, they aren't demanding or require supervision. When I can't be with the birds, they are in their cages. Same for Onyx. If I can't supervise the dog, then she's put in her crate. But the dog gets taken for plenty of walks, the birds are given oodles of attention because I'm a SAHM with a kid in school full time ;)

evesta

Mar 22, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
House and Wilson-Lineolated Parakeet Brothers
Cute herd!!!! Besides the birds we have a chihuahua named Luna, a Scottie named Inky, and a Carin terrier named Eddie, a rescue dog. We had a Westie named Pete but we lost him last year and still miss him, he was the leader of the pack!:) Plus two cats, a bengal mix named Gonzo and a black and white "cow cat" named Lilly, both rescues. I also have a pond full of wakin/watonia goldfish and they recently laid eggs so we have a stock tank full of fry too.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
neat pics and a fun place to live. I used to have lots of different pets over the years actually since I was old enough to catch any critter that couldn't run faster the me or bite back to hard. however now in my old age 66 I'm down to two elderly min pins .a spanish timbrado canary and a green quaker parrot. Alison and sweetie pie:D Ps our daughter is relocating to Fla so has temporarily moved in with her two sugar gliders who are also lots of fun

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
I too have a lot of pets that I haven't mentioned on here probably. I have 2 Chihuahau's (Pippy and Grizz), a blind rescue duck that thinks he is another Chihuahua (Quackers), a canary (jimminy Crickett) and a finch (sarafina), and of course the 5 parrots that I talk about on here (Sunny, Bo, Casey, Peppers, and Mozzie). They are all spoiled or should I say Loved a lot!!! I am home all the time and never have a chance to get bored.

OP
Ginkai

Ginkai

Mar 20, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
So cool hearing about everyone's big families. We are more than parrot people we are animal people! Max has been with me since I was 14 he is my best friend and goes with me everywhere. I never feel alone with him around. And everyone else are my babies.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Great pictures ! I love Max's expression , lolol.
That's a very handsome family you have there :)

OP
Ginkai

Ginkai

Mar 20, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
He always has priceless expressions. So proud of Suki today. A new person came over and I had her on the couch. The new person just put her hand down on the couch quite far away from Suki. She walked over and put her head down rubbing the hand asking for a pat. She is soo good with strangers!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Awww ! What a good girl :). She sounds like such a sweetie :)

hootx3

Jun 21, 2012
Media
Canada
Parrots
Quincey, female green Quaker
Wow, that sounds like my house!
I have a female Hungarian Vizsla(a hunting dog, although she couldn't find a partridge in a phonebooth) named Garnet, my sister's male Manchester Terrier Tanner, Cassie my cat whome we adopted as a stray, Riley the dwarf hamster, Timmy the gerbil and Quincey the Quaker.
Although, this is after we downsized. We used to have Riley's sister, Bailey. The other animals we've owned over the years include a rat named Cloudy, a guinea pig named Rosie, Kelly the german shepherdX black lab cross, Zoey who was the Heinz 57 of dogs, Sasha black lab X border collie, Snowflake the albino dove, Pretty Bird and Jewel the lovebirds, Popcorn and Greeny the budgies, and, last but not least, Daisy the cricket who was missing one of her legs. Oh, and our countless aquariums, but if I told you all my fishes names, I'd be here awhile.

And it never seems like it's clean, we always fine stray feathers and cat fur everywhere!

Wow, I'm breathless after typing so much...

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Wow, cool pet families! Currently, I have my long-haired calico cat Cookie, and my two GCCs Bella and Zora. =) I used to have two hedgehogs Sonic and Princess Peach, Two goldfish Sandy and,duh, Goldie! I also had Tweets, Tweety, and Tweeters who were all cockatiels. And Tiny the black kitten with big green eyes. And MeMe and BeBe the hoppy parakeets. Yup, I had lots of animals over the years, plus the ones I currently have... =)

JensFlock

Jul 31, 2011
South Carolina
Parrots
Eclectus,
Blue Crowned Conure,
Quaker,
Lineolated Parakeet,
Diamond Dove,
Star Finch,
Spice Finch
Along with the birds, I have a retired racing greyhound, Star. His racing name was Flying Starburst, so I just kept his name Star.

Most Reactions