my weekend project

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Well of course and if Dad is HIS then he can pull the hairs outta that arm. :D Bet your Dad loves him really.

OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
oh yeah he goes and sees the bird first thing when he gets home form work and he just loves it when Sidney lets out a loud EEEEKKKKK of joy and another thing the other day we were at a pet store and they had GCCs and I told mom tha's what I almost got cuz they are alot quieter and she said yeah but Sidney sure is prettier she didn't want anything loud but I think she's attached :):):)

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
what do you mean LOUD *pulling the ear plugs out of his ears* conures aren't loud ... ACTUALLY, I have talked to both of my neighbors (the one next door and the one upstaris - I have a corner unit only one neighbor downstairs) and they BOTH have told my fiancee and I, several different times, that they can't hear the bird at all. I swear they are lying to us cause I know that there are times Hamlet could wake the dead!

Since they can't hear him (or at least they say they can't) she is thinking about getting another one ... :D I swear birds are like Pringle Chips ... "betcha can't have just one."

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
eh, so there may be a few "chemicals" floating around this forum ... *shrugs* what ever you do, is your business ... just don't harm your birds!

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
eh, so there may be a few "chemicals" floating around this forum ... *shrugs* what ever you do, is your business ... just don't harm your birds!

lol i dont do drugs!.....nor smoke i just comapred it to that becuase i know there addictive!

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
OK.
I have looked at the drawbacks in Versions 1 2 and 3 of my idea for the project.
I have refined the idea down to its lowest common denominators.
Less parts (cheaper)
Less space needed.
Just as entertaining?.....to be advised.
Now his play gym is attathed to his cage.
Coz you have 3 points of support, you can get more exciting with your design, coz its quite stable.
Still not glued yet, so it can be different next week.
Any ideas, problems?
img.php
[/URL] [/IMG]
I have a question regarding these pix above, but off topic. Skippah now lives on top of his cage.
He rarely goes inside and never leaves the top of it, except to get on the play gym.
Is this a problem? Is this going to become a problem?
Is it a good thing?
Enquiring minds need to know,......

Last edited:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Is he dominant when he's on the top of the cage, Is he above your eye line, As he gets older and especially when he reaches sexual maturity it could be a major problem,

Saying that I do allow Bucc on the top of his cage and that is a lot bigger than me. (He is cage aggressive) BUT when I want him off, I call him and he will usually come to me, we have been working on the recall so he knows that if he comes he gets something special :D Its a win win situation, I get him off the top without being bit, and he gets a treat for coming to me.

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
lol oh god i saw cage obsessed amazon at the petstore a while ago... on of the workers had him on his shoulder and was walking over to the otehr siude of thes otre while anotehr worker cleaned the cage and the whole time the amazon was freaking out and screaming to go back to the cage. lol you definitaly dont wnat a cage obsessed bird.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
yeah, but just the opposite is a HUMAN OBSESSED bird ... (um, yeah, I am talking about Hamlet ... he's in the "conure spot" as we speak ... anyone know where on you the conure spot is ... it's down the front of your shirt, with his head poking out under your chin). Ham hates to go back to his cage, unless there is a special treat envolved ...

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
you definitaly dont wnat a cage obsessed bird.

No thats a fact, When I do a good clean out of Buccs cage, toys, perches out to be scrubbed, I have to take the bottom grill and pan out and lock myself inside the cage and remember to keep fingers well away from the bars where he can get me. Most of my worst bites have happened this way. :eek: Its not a height thing with him just a cage thing. Thats his and he does not like anyone touching it. He will let me clean the cage daily its only when everything comes out. :D Maybe he thinks I'm going to evict him.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh yeah I never thought of that, hmmmm maybe I better not bring Kito home. (yeah like thats gonna happen) Its a good job her cage is already set up and kitted out.

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
yeah, but just the opposite is a HUMAN OBSESSED bird ... (um, yeah, I am talking about Hamlet ... he's in the "conure spot" as we speak ... anyone know where on you the conure spot is ... it's down the front of your shirt, with his head poking out under your chin). Ham hates to go back to his cage, unless there is a special treat envolved ...

lol or a bird obsessed person....the place where i got my tiel cage from..my god that woman would not shut up about birds! she was going on and on about how cuttlebones are apparently bad for birds because they contain grit(which i know is bad but still) and a bunch of other stuff.. although she id have some good tips but still alot of them were really crazy! although i geuss she does have a lot of experiance... more experiance than i do atleast! she has 6 greys, 2 scarlets(scarlet macaw), a pair of alexandrines and a black lorie i think.

Most Reactions