lizard

lizard

Dec 2, 2014
Emmaus, PA
Parrots
Jack, SI Eclectus
Apollo, Golden Conure
I think she died of lead poisoning :(

I found my stained glass angel on the ground behind a cabinet that she frequents. It was mangled. I don't know how she reached it and honestly it never occurred to me how dangerous it was to have in the house. She died a totally preventable death.

I called the vet again to have her send out a lead test.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh no, I'm so very sorry to read this Liz. Please accept my deepest condolences. Please don't blame yourself for anything, you are a good mom. We still don't know the reason for sure until you get the results. So much is beyond our control. Take care.

OP
lizard

lizard

Dec 2, 2014
Emmaus, PA
Parrots
Jack, SI Eclectus
Apollo, Golden Conure
And thank you all so much for your kind words. My heart hurts tonight.

jtidwell

Mar 8, 2016
Boston area
Parrots
Charlie (Hahn's macaw, 25 years old), and Hope (Eclectus, 15 years old)
I am so, so sorry. Thinking of you and Luna tonight. :(

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I am so deeply sorry, Liz. I know how very much you loved her. And how much she loved you in turn.

Please don't beat yourself up over this. You've been a wonderful mom to your ekkies. Sometimes things will just slip past us, you know? It could've happened to anyone. One danger missed doesn't take away from how amazing a parront you've been for your ekkies. And I won't let anyone tell you different... not even you.

Fly free, Luna, buoyed up by the love your mother has for you, and the warm thoughts being sent your way from each and every one of us who has been allowed a glimpse into your life's journey.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Brittany741

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Parrots
SI Eclectus (Ruby) - 11 / Eclectus (Wrangler) - 7 / Eclectus (Pinto) - 6 /
Red Sided Eclectus (Oliver) - 4 mos. /
White Bellied Caique (Dan) - 2 /
Foster Congo African Grey (Molly) - 6
I am so, so sorry. I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling.

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots
Gizmo - Male Eclectus Parrot

Pebbles - Female Eclectus Parrot
I am so very sorry. Whatever the cause, it was not a result of you not caring, so please don't blame yourself. My heart goes out to you for you loss.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
My condolences.

They do get into things... it's in their nature.

Don't feel guilty. It happens. I know it hurts...

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I am so sorry to have read this news this morning, i was hoping, like us all, for better news. I am very sorry and give my condolences,having lost a close birdy friend once.
Be comforted that you took extraordinary steps to get her better. You just have to take it in, and let it out.

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
I think she died of lead poisoning :(

I found my stained glass angel on the ground behind a cabinet that she frequents. It was mangled. I don't know how she reached it and honestly it never occurred to me how dangerous it was to have in the house. She died a totally preventable death.

I called the vet again to have her send out a lead test.

I am so sad reading this. You are so brave to say something like this. It could help others to watch more carefully for things around our birds. Thank you!
Please don't blame yourself. Bad things happen..... :(
My heart hurts knowing what you are going through.
So sorry..... :(

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so sorry for your loss:( My heart is breaking for you.

Uglow

Jan 19, 2016
Chicago
Parrots
I just went through this thread and I'm so sorry this happened. I can't imagine what you're going through. Please don't blame yourself. Just keep Jack close to you. His sweetness will help. I'm so sorry.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Liz, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Please don't punish yourself with unnecessary guilt while your heart is already breaking. You are and will be in my thoughts.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My deepest condolences, Liz. Please allow yourself to grieve without guilt, and know at some point you will think only the sweetest memories of Luna. You are an outstanding parront, and Jack will be at your side as comfort.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Oh dear, my heart goes out to you! As Mark said, they get into things and sometimes we can't foresee it. You are a great bird mom, you gave my heartfelt condolences.

Most Reactions

Latest posts