Mysterious Crow Deaths -Graphic Image

Vapor

Mar 31, 2016
Edmonton, AB Canada
Parrots
African Grey Headed Cape | Name: Raíssa (Hah-ee-sah) | Sex: F
Canada

13006564_10154717486661002_2268556193691254356_n.jpg

The RCMP found over 2000 dead crows on Alberta hwys recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.

A Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be from vehicular impacts. However, during analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the ...bird's beaks and claws. By analysing these paint residues it was found that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with motorbikes, while only 2% were killed by cars.

The RCMP then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of motorbike kills versus car kills. The Ornithological Behaviourist quickly concluded that when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow to warn of danger.

They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cawwh", not a single one could shout "Bike" ...

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Been a long Winter, right?

You had me all the way up to the last few words. Great Humor is heavily based on well founded truth and excellent timing. Well done!

I was leaning toward West Nile, but got lead into the Humor Trap!

Last edited:

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
the humor was not worth looking at the picture.
texsize

OP
Vapor

Vapor

Mar 31, 2016
Edmonton, AB Canada
Parrots
African Grey Headed Cape | Name: Raíssa (Hah-ee-sah) | Sex: F
So hard to find bird humor that doesn't start of with "So a parrot walks into a bar ..." lol Glad to lighten your day! :)

Most Reactions