Nanday vs. Senegal

Kai

Dec 14, 2010
Parrots
In 2007 while on a vacation in Colorado my cat Ganesh disappeared. It was heartbreaking for me to receive the news while away. The day I returned home to NY my mother found a Quaker Parrot in a Magnol
Hi all,

I have a 5 year old Quaker (Uptown) and recently adopted a Nanday Conure , super sweet bird :p who just loves to cuddle (when I figure out how to upload pic's not over the allowed size -which seems to be super small- I will post some.

Are Senegal's normally as loud as Nanday's? I know parrots all have their own personality, but in general can they even reach the levels Nanday's can and are they as vocal in the...well the screeching way? I'm asking because I have an opportunity to re-home the Nanday and in return offer a home to a 5 year old Senegal. Since I live in an apartment I have to consider the level of what "they" may call noise, and what I call conversation ;)

If Senegal's are as loud as Nanday's what species of bird might be more quiet?

So far my Quaker (Uptown) is super aggressive both towards Una and me, but we are working on it and I think she just may calm down with some positive training :) the issue is how loud they both become, so...I want a great companion bird to keep Uptown company when I am not home, and one that is not as loud as my Quaker (who is pretty loud all by herself).

Any suggestions?
thank you
-Kai

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Sennies are known for being quiet. That said most any bird can be loud at times. Hope you are quarantining.

OP
Kai

Kai

Dec 14, 2010
Parrots
In 2007 while on a vacation in Colorado my cat Ganesh disappeared. It was heartbreaking for me to receive the news while away. The day I returned home to NY my mother found a Quaker Parrot in a Magnol
yes, I just completed a 30 day quarantine :) I just love you're quotes!

OP
Kai

Kai

Dec 14, 2010
Parrots
whoops I meant "your" quotes

Crazy4Birds

Oct 20, 2010
CT and FL
Parrots
Nicky (sun conure); RIP Gracie (senegal) and Benson (cockatiel)
Senegals are very good birds to have if you live in an apartment. My Gracie loves to mimic cute sounds but she hardly ever screeches and if she does it is nothing close to the screeching my conure makes.

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
What about a GCC? I really don't believe there is such thing as a quiet parrot but there is such thing as "quiet for a parrot" GCC generally fall into that category. Plus I'm biased.

Martha

Nov 30, 2010
Hi,

You say you just adopted the Nanday? Are you looking to trade the bird for a Senegal because of the noise?

Martha

Most Reactions