Not open for further replies.

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
I don't know what to do.

I hit my head (left temple) 2 days ago, and have had an ever so slowly worsening headache since. Also started developing a bad earache in my left ear yesterday as well as some very mild pain at the bottom of my right shoulder-blade.

My headache has gotten MUCH worse this evening.. and been rather dizzy for the past hour, but that's probably just due to having one of my Parrots pass away this afternoon?

I know that since yesterday I've been rather sleepy..

Should I see a Doctor or just wait and see if it gets better or worse..? Don't worry I'm sure I'm fine! I've had many injuries before and all turned out ok. So don't worry yourself! I'm just a little stuck.. Hubbys been driving all day and If it's not needed I'm not going to get him to drive to the Hospital.

Input appreciated. Thankies!

Last edited:

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
Sounds to me like an concussion.
My mother had a really bad one a few years ago and my sister.
You should go to a doctor.
Hope it gets better soon.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
You mentioned that you hit your head 2 days ago
The fact that your headaches are getting worse, and you are developing a bad earache. Ringing in the ears is called Tinnitus which often happens when one suffers from concussion.
I would definitely have it seen to.

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Agreed. Please go to the ER immediately and have it checked out. I hope you're not taking unapproved pain pills (because of your pregnancy) for the headache.

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Thank you for your help guys! I only take panadol or panadene.

Finally got to see my Doctor.. I have a concussion. He said if it gets ANY worse i have to go to the Hospital immediately. I felt so silly.. When he called my name i got up to walk into his office and couldn't walk straight (dizziness) .. *so embarrassing!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts