Need Advice with Parrot Tree

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
Hi All!

My husband just announced to me that he is getting "me" a "parrot tree" for Christmas. I am so excited! We have a table top tree that is the best money I have ever spent (where birds are concerned). It is just perfect for my birds, and I kind of lucked out when I bought it.

So we are off to the Bird Farm in a couple of days to select one. It will be primarily for my Suns, but no doubt my GCC will use it as well. The table top tree is great for 1 sun but no both.

I guess for those of you who have had one of these, what do you suggest rgd. height, wood and other things to look for?

This will really be a blessing in this house because it is next to impossible to have all the birds out at once and it is the Suns who suffer because I always feel guilty taking them out and leaving Pickles on her own as she does not have a birdy friend :( (hates other birds). Now I will be able to have all 3 out well I work during the day!

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
Yeah, I just wouldn't leave them all out unsupervised for the day. Especially the suns. In my experience, a sun can destroy something or get into something they shouldn't in a matter of seconds. They really are too curious for their own good.

I've no idea about GCCs. I can leave my cockatiel out all day and unsupervised. She never gets into anything. Never has. Skittles on the other hand, will always find a way to raise hell. He doesn't wait for it to freeze over. He keeps it warm and toasty. lol.

OP
PickleMeDickles

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
Sorry, I forgot to mention I work from home. In fact, Pickles usually rides my wrist while I work. It is actually kind of funny because I do computer graphics so there is a lot of hand movement and we have learned to really cooperate our movements so we are both happy. Pickles actually does this cute thing where she rides my wrist and tucks her beak between my fingers and dozes on and off. She will sit like that for hours some times.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Just get one with varying branch sizes and make sure the branches aren't under each other because then they just poop all over it making it more work.

Two of ours we have another but it would take forever to find a picture of it most likely.

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
That's what I thought after I posted that, you probably worked from home. I am on disability so I am home most of the time. I do some CS work but it's work I do from home. I mostly have the same list of clients and it's more an 'as needed' type of job. I have to rely on people screwing up their computers LOL.

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
BTW, sorry I got off topic. I meant to say I love those trees! If I had a bigger place, I'd have something like that. But I have a small apartment so Skittles has to rely on little play areas in different parts of the house.

Most Reactions

Latest posts