Media
Crestview Florida
Parrots
Goffin Cockatoo (Silas)
Congo African Grey (Banjo)
Yellow Naped Amazon (Aurora)
B & G Macaw ( Marley )
Scarlet Macaw ( Phoenix )
My husband and I have a Male Too named Silus, he's almost 6 months old. He is so sweet. I'm thinking of talking my husband into another bird, I would really like to get a CAG.

Does it make a difference if we get another Male or would it be better for Silus if we get a Female? Trying to prevent any problems. Or does it make a difference at all? Any advise would be very much appreciated.

:white1:

Luke252

Aug 6, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
Parrots
Bluey - Opaline Blue Budgie, Larry - Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, Charlie - Samueli Red Tailed Black Cockatoo, Max - Eastern Long Billed Corella
With many bird behavioural issues, it tends to come down to the specific bird. As long as they are not living in the same cage, then either sex would be fine. It really comes down to the individual bird, some get along better than others. A Goffins and a CAG should do fine together, as long as they're cages are separate. Either sex would be fine. Good luck with the convincing BTW, a CAG as part of your flock would be pretty cool.

Captsteve

Jul 17, 2013
Crestview Fl.
Parrots
Goffin Too, U2, Scarlet Mac, B&G Mac, DYH Zon, CAG and a
Birdbrained Wife!
I'm thinking of talking my husband into another bird, I would really like to get a CAG.

Being said Husband, my vote is for a Scarlet Macaw. But I am sure I will be out ranked on this...:red1:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Husband and Wife???? Captsteve and TreeBee??? IF that's the case, I vote get both!!! :D

Just be real careful of Macaws around dusty birds such as Cockatoos and Greys, plus Cockatiels too. They tend to be allergic to their powder dust....A air purifier is essential!

Captsteve

Jul 17, 2013
Crestview Fl.
Parrots
Birdbrained Wife!
Yeah, Mikey. We are in fact husband and wife! he he he

I guess the dust thing will settle it...

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
HaHa!!!! IF there were a Scarlet in my area coming up for adoption, I would snatch it up trust me, it's been the bird I want for many many years....But B&G Macaws kept falling in my lap....lol....

Captsteve

Jul 17, 2013
Crestview Fl.
Parrots
Birdbrained Wife!
I would not turn down a B&G either. They would be a close #2 choice.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I love them trust me, wouldn't trade them for the world! But I really really want a Scarlet!!!! :D

OP
TreeBee

TreeBee

Jul 13, 2013
Media
Crestview Florida
Parrots
Goffin Cockatoo (Silas)
Congo African Grey (Banjo)
Yellow Naped Amazon (Aurora)
B & G Macaw ( Marley )
Scarlet Macaw ( Phoenix )
Well Mikey when we got Silus he was supposed to be my bird!!!! But when Steve is home he's all about his Daddy! Loves sitting on him and falls a sleep getting rubbed. Steve has this way with People and Animals!The bigger birds make me a little nervous! But would be willing to concede and get a Scarlet, anything for my Man!!!!!!!!!!

Now that being said, there was talk about the dust and allergies for the Macaw. That would make be something to really think about.

Ow what the heck!!!! We should get both!!! LOL
I think birds are becoming like Tattoos you just can't have one!! LOL

Last edited:

Pajarita

Banned
Banned
Jul 11, 2013
Be careful with getting more birds so soon, wait until yours is sexually mature and you can tell that he will have no behavioral problems. Babies are easy, adults are not.

Most Reactions

Latest posts